Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pay As You Go Car Tax

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Pay As You Go Cat Tax

Easy 10 sent me this in an email and said this was was worth a thread as he is not able to access NSC from work.

If it is fixtures then apologies.

This is real have just checked website and signed it myself, make sure you follow link when you receive confirmation email.

Sarah Kennedy was on about this proposed car tax scheme on the radio apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay as you go' road tax.

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it so far and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it.

This is legit... from the 10 Downing Street's website. Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have

signed the petition.

Democracy in action?

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 andin a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't have one at the moment, so I should be alright, have just come in from washing my car on the other hand...far easier than washing a cat, don't have to catch the bugger first or risk being scratched in the process.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Moggy Moggy Moggy Out Out Out!

char_katslater.jpg

I can't think of any witty cat joke, so I'll just stick to the point.

Road pricing, if and when it comes in, is likely to completely replace fuel tax and road tax. So fuel prices will be dramatically lower, and you won't have to pay road tax. So the numbers talked about are not on top of what you already pay, but instead of other taxes you currently pay.

The Eddington Transport Study http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/39A/41/eddington_execsum11206.pdf (reported in December 2006) advocates road pricing as an extremely effective way of maximising the capabilities of the current road network. The report suggests that a properly implemented road pricing policy could reduce congestion by 50% by 2025 versus a no-road pricing alternative. It also estimates an output benefit to the tune of £28bn. He comes to the conclusion that there are no real alternatives to road pricing.

There are also, of course, the environmental impacts to consider. We are, as a nation, and as part of the EU, trying to limit the effect of climate change by reducing emissions, and emissions from road transport are a factor. The introduction of this scheme would reduce congestion, and therefore significantly reduce emissions. I'm guessing that most people here are all for saving the planet and the environment- are you willing to do so, but only so long as it doesn't cost you anything?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That car is mad, imagine looking in your rear-view mirror and seeing that!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
sten_super said:
Road pricing, if and when it comes in, is likely to completely replace fuel tax and road tax. So fuel prices will be dramatically lower, and you won't have to pay road tax.

Jimmy Hill! Like Gordon 'Stealth Tax' Brown will do that ! :rolleyes:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I don't object to it at all to be honest...I've nothing to hide, and if it reduces the amount of cars doing unneccessary journeys on our already clogged roads - then great!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would prefer if they just did away with the road fund licence and put it on fuel, that way people would pay more if they did loads of miles in gas guzzlers than if they did very few miles in a car that just sipped fuel, also people who come to the UK and use our roads for free would also be taxed for the privelage on the fuel they buy here.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Gully said:
I would prefer if they just did away with the road fund licence and put it on fuel, that way people would pay more if they did loads of miles in gas guzzlers than if they did very few miles in a car that just sipped fuel, also people who come to the UK and use our roads for free would also be taxed for the privelage on the fuel they buy here.

They won't do that - because it's not about carbon emissions or road congestion, it is about FUND RAISING from the motorist - who is an easy target.

They want road pricing so they can still take cash from us even if we have very fuel efficient cars, electric cars, hyrogen cars... it's just about raising TAX.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Trufflehound said:
Perhaps he meant one of these:

funnycatcarmobilejg4.jpg

That's a real pussy magnet.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Titanic said:
They won't do that - because it's not about carbon emissions or road congestion, it is about FUND RAISING from the motorist - who is an easy target.

They want road pricing so they can still take cash from us even if we have very fuel efficient cars, electric cars, hyrogen cars... it's just about raising TAX.

Probably - but how to you disuade people from using their cars, having too many cars, and from buying huge gas guzzlers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here