Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Winstanley joins Chelsea as Director of Global Talent and Transfers

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Back to the topic. I thought Winstanley was only one of a handful of candidates being interviewed? This suggests one of two things,

Either they decided not to go ahead with this and Winstanley is staying put for the time being, or we have entered into an Ashdown compensation/garden leave scenario.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Back to the topic. I thought Winstanley was only one of a handful of candidates being interviewed? This suggests one of two things,

Either they decided not to go ahead with this and Winstanley is staying put for the time being, or we have entered into an Ashdown compensation/garden leave scenario.
I think the guy they have brought in from Southampton has been put on gardening leave until Feb. Chelsea may soon have a whole team of them on gardening leave!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Nathan Jones was, according to a few journalist tweets I saw, one of a number under consideration by Southampton. It's spin or negotiating tactics - not appearing too keen, both to help negotiating pay, but also in case it doesn't work out and they have to go for their second choice. They can then claim the one they get was always the one they wanted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He's still listed as ours on the Club's Who's Who.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Well the initial news did all help inspire us to beat Chelsea...anychance we can work a Villa angle into this for Sunday?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Naylor’s just updated and said Winstanley is on Gardening Leave.
This will go down like a 13th pint of Watney's Red Barrel on an empty stomach with much of the Chelsea support.

Call me peculiar, but I am beginning to find this hilariously funny.

Is there anyone else from the Potter era we can bin off? I'm sure they will be in for Mr Bloom soon :ROFLMAO:

:yes:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f*** off Chelsea. Leave us the f*** alone. I’m even wanting Saudi FC to beat them at the weekend now.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Intrigued by what will happen to the motley crew when Chelsea sack Potter.
Will they all go as well, I wonder?😉
I would imagine the coaching team go with him but Winstanley looks like he's going into a senior role so is unlikely to go when Potter gets the elbow. In fact Winstanley could be one of those making the decisions about when his time is up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think the guy they have brought in from Southampton has been put on gardening leave until Feb. Chelsea may soon have a whole team of them on gardening leave!!
A nice garden should not be underestimated.
f*** off Chelsea. Leave us the f*** alone. I’m even wanting Saudi FC to beat them at the weekend now.
Understand it is a tough call.

Bloodthirsty regime flogging gay people, stoning women, enslaving millions of people, murdering journalists, human rights activists and so forth vs. a club inconveniently headhunting Albion-staff...

Yeah I'm a little biased but I'm gonna go with hoping for a Chelsea win.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A nice garden should not be underestimated.

Understand it is a tough call.

Bloodthirsty regime flogging gay people, stoning women, enslaving millions of people, murdering journalists, human rights activists and so forth vs. a club inconveniently headhunting Albion-staff...

Yeah I'm a little biased but I'm gonna go with hoping for a Chelsea win.
Not me I'm afraid.

I want Newcastle to beat that money grabbing, scumbag Potter.

Whether or not it happens will make absolutely no difference to the flogging, stoning and murdering of journalists. Jesus f***ing wept. !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here