Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul made a concerning remark on the radio

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Give Paul a ruddy break.

I doubt any single person on here, if given the chance, would be impartial.

Also, its a local radio show - I want Brighton bias!

I don't think anyone's moaning about the bias are they? I agree with you, on our local radio I want the commentary to be fervently pro-Brighton. I think the thing that myself and U.S. are highlighting (not 'complaining' about as such) is that given Paul's job I think he often finds himself treading on eggshells when trying to 'gild a turd', i.e. put a positive light on a shambolic performance. Ideally we want someone who can say "Blimey so-and-so's having a 'mare" without fear of internal repercussions. I don't think it does anyone any favours to have commentators/summarisers saying something like 'the team played marvellously' when everyone knows they've just been thumped.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
f*** being realistic. BELIEVE. I also think a lot of Hull fans go to Man Utd expecting a win.

I remember in 1983 when bottom of the league we went to top of the league Liverpool who were unbeaten at Anfield in 50 odd games for the FA Cup 5th round. NO ONE gave us a hope in hell. We were 20/1 to win.

One of the club employees came along the train carriage whipping people up " do you expect us to win ? ", " we WILL WIN, we can do it " he said. The carriage erupted.

We all BELIEVED.

The rest is history.

I dare say that result was all the more enjoyable because most people DIDN'T expect us to win...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
f*** being realistic. BELIEVE. I also think a lot of Hull fans go to Man Utd expecting a win.

I remember in 1983 when bottom of the league we went to top of the league Liverpool who were unbeaten at Anfield in 50 odd games for the FA Cup 5th round. NO ONE gave us a hope in hell. We were 20/1 to win.

One of the club employees came along the train carriage whipping people up " do you expect us to win ? ", " we WILL WIN, we can do it " he said. The carriage erupted.

We all BELIEVED.

The rest is history.
There is absolutely NO HARM in believing, indeed it's what we should be doing. I do honestly believe that we can nick a result against Charlton. Ok, we probably won't .... but me might. After all, I think most people expected Southampton to win.

However the difference between us is if we DON'T win, if my dreams aren't realised I won't come on here and say "Bloody hell we're shit everyone's crap, sack the manager, we're Brighton, we should be in the play-offs not near the bottom etc etc." It will just be one of those things that happens, especially when a side like Brighton is playing one of the top teams.

Mind you, it would be nice if we could at least give them a game and not be quite so outclassed as we have been in the last two matches ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here