Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul made a concerning remark on the radio

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he said that we had played the two best teams in teh division and didn't really expect to get anything ( well I paraphrased what he said)

To be honest this is not good enough.......this is the THIRD division. Leeds were very good but we looked miles away from them....now we play a norwich team who are not some premiership side...they have lost games and we have been mullered.

Please dont lets get into the Mark Mcghee mode of thinking that certain games ( remember Luton) are not worth bothering with....Southampton showed that we can put it together and we need to give 100% every game

erutluv 2

Banned
Nov 24, 2009
he said that we had played the two best teams in teh division and didn't really expect to get anything ( well I paraphrased what he said)

To be honest this is not good enough.......this is the THIRD division. Leeds were very good but we looked miles away from them....now we play a norwich team who are not some premiership side...they have lost games and we have been mullered.

Please dont lets get into the Mark Mcghee mode of thinking that certain games ( remember Luton) are not worth bothering with....Southampton showed that we can put it together and we need to give 100% every game

100% agree the same unbeatable Leeds just beat orient 1-0 tonight with a injury time goal and dont forget the super team we played tonight lost 7-1 to Colchester......

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Paul Camillin - Seems like a nice enough guy and we are VERY lucky to have the 'Ask The Club' sub forum which I know he spends a lot of his own time comitting to, however his performances on the radio are beginning to get on my tits. He has no impartiality at all which is not on, if for exampe El-Abd, Dickinson, Forster, Bennett have a shit game then I want to know. If Smith is out of position for the goal then say it, not that Holt f***ed it up.

I know its not his fault per se, because he is Albion through and through and I would likely be the same but for someone listening on the radio it is cack!

End of rant.. Up the Albion!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
so if we just played the best 2 teams, Charlton must be the third best coming up next saturday.......so were f***ed there too!!!!!!

Don't know what game you are going to Saturday but hopefully we are playing Rushden & Diamonds in FAC2.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I think the Leeds game was different because in my opinion they would be a top 8 Championship team on current form.

However, Norwich are merely a very good League One side and isn't that the very least we aspire to be ourselves?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Paul Camillin - Seems like a nice enough guy and we are VERY lucky to have the 'Ask The Club' sub forum which I know he spends a lot of his own time comitting to, however his performances on the radio are beginning to get on my tits. He has no impartiality at all which is not on, if for exampe El-Abd, Dickinson, Forster, Bennett have a shit game then I want to know. If Smith is out of position for the goal then say it, not that Holt f***ed it up.

I know its not his fault per se, because he is Albion through and through and I would likely be the same but for someone listening on the radio it is cack!

End of rant.. Up the Albion!
Agreed... I don't blame him, and I'm sure he is genuine in everything he says, but his job is to toe the party line.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think PC does pretty well tbh. I'd have had my mike switched off; & been forcibly removed from the ground after 3 minutes if I'd been doing his job tonight.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I think Gus set out to play the same way as Southampton and Gills (wasn't there for that one) - to win and thats why we've ended up with 0 points, after being outclassed by better players (wasn't at the game tonight either so just guessing really). If we'd set out on the counter and shut them out we may have ended up with 2 points from the games, maybe more.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If you could only win one of the next two what would you choose?

Third Round after Saturday or 3 points against Charlton?

I'd go for 3rd round as I know we'll be safe but won't have enough, this year, for the play offs ... oh my word could that come back to haunt me! :thumbsup:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't really want to make any comments about Paul's commentating as I am still pissed off at the fact he has ignored mine and the other question about the terrible organization of the stewards.

f*** the stewards, we got serious problems in our defence... Start worrying about the stewards when we are not 5th from bottom sunshine!

f*** the stewards, we got serious problems in our defence... Start worrying about the stewards when we are not 5th from bottom sunshine!

There has been a massive over reaction to this result. We have been beat by a good team, away from home without are first choice goalkeeper and striker plus the fact we have played so many games over the last two weeks.

Oh and I like the stewards and respect there job it is just whoever is organizing them is completely incompetent as the rules contradict the Albion fans and under-steward the away end.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
That is not actually what I said.

As for Leeds and Norwich, as I said in commentary Leeds were streets ahead of Norwich, and we played better on Saturday than we did tonight.

As for commentary, I do this as a favour to BBC Sussex, I don't get paid and (much as some would love) I am not going to sit there and slaughter players who NSC think deserve to be slaughtered. Graeme Smith wasn't great tonight, but neither were several others.

For me, and quite peversely for team which let in 4, Adam El-Abd, Tommy Elphick, Liam Dickinson and Andrew Crofts were the only players who gave above average performances. (Those knocking El-Abd should note not one goal came down the left side in open play).

PS - I haven't ignored your stewarding questions, I am awaiting a response from someone else at the club!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
There has been a massive over reaction to this result. We have been beat by a good team, away from home without are first choice goalkeeper and striker plus the fact we have played so many games over the last two weeks.

Oh and I like the stewards and respect there job it is just whoever is organizing them is completely incompetent as the rules contradict the Albion fans and under-steward the away end.

I applaud your optimism but you need to get serious buddy, 3-0 and 4-1 in the 2 games procedeed and in the not too distant past of 7-1 and 3-3 says our defence is horse poo!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
That is not actually what I said.

As for Leeds and Norwich, as I said in commentary Leeds were streets ahead of Norwich, and we played better on Saturday than we did tonight.

As for commentary, I do this as a favour to BBC Sussex, I don't get paid and (much as some would love) I am not going to sit there and slaughter players who NSC think deserve to be slaughtered. Graeme Smith wasn't great tonight, but neither were several others.

For me, and quite peversely for team which let in 4, Adam El-Abd, Tommy Elphick, Liam Dickinson and Andrew Crofts were the only players who gave above average performances. (Those knocking El-Abd should note not one goal came down the left side in open play).

PS - I haven't ignored your stewarding questions, I am awaiting a response from someone else at the club!

:thumbsup: well said.

Although Im not sure that Elphick had a good game, started putting in some good tackles near the end but the game was lost by then anyway!

I also thaught that Dickinson had 2 great chances to score and didnt really do anything above average (which in tonights team did make him look world class)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here