Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ince has been spoken to today....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't understand the "he might leave" complaint. Any manager might leave. If we're doing well and the right offer came in, they all go. I'd rather be in that position and looking for a new manager then this!

I'd love it if we got Ince.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm sure it's ritght that the issue as suggested will be the "keep you up fee" demanded by any of the quality candidates

Interesting point that take over talks are in the air at stockport which may bring gannon back into the picture

shit it's all too complicated :laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hope this is true saved Macclesfield when really they had no hope

Bit of a myth, that.
He took over at macclesfield in October when they were 7 points adrift of safety. I'm not saying he didn't do well there, but he still had more than 6 months to turn it round, so it wasn't quite the "miraculous" escape its often painted as.

That said, given the other names who seem to be in the frame, I'd be WELL happy if Ince was appointed. Best of a bad crop.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bit of a myth, that.
He took over at macclesfield in October when they were 7 points adrift of safety. I'm not saying he didn't do well there, but he still had more than 6 months to turn it round, so it wasn't quite the "miraculous" escape its often painted as.
This is his record:
Code:
Team 	From 	To 	Record
G 	W 	L 	D 	Win %
Macclesfield Town 	23 October 2006 	25 June 2007 	35 	14 	13 	08 	40.00
I just had a look at their results for that season and they hadn't even won before he came in. It's not bad going!
We have to bring Mathias as well if we do get Ince though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Whilst I cannot stand Ince, I think he may be a good manager for us as you say. If he brings us good football and takes us forward, I can put up with him!

This is his record:
Code:
Team 	From 	To 	Record
G 	W 	L 	D 	Win %
Macclesfield Town 	23 October 2006 	25 June 2007 	35 	14 	13 	08 	40.00
I just had a look at their results for that season and they hadn't even won before he came in. It's not bad going!
We have to bring Mathias as well if we do get Ince though.

Didn't Ince also play turn out for Macclesfield as a player? Perhaps their revival was more to do with his influence on the pitch rather than any managerial/coaching decisions he made?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Didn't Ince also play turn out for Macclesfield as a player? Perhaps their revival was more to do with his influence on the pitch rather than any managerial/coaching decisions he made?

am not sure he played a game though he was registered

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here