Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ince has been spoken to today....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd agree with that totally. If Ince has a settled family up north (presuming he does) then I wouldn't expect him to want to stay longer than the end of the season but if he did come here I fully expect him to keep us up, at the moment that's all that matters

100% agreed...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Always makes me laugh. If somebody actually does have good connections at the club, they're never going to reveal who it is. So there's just no point asking.

No idea whether this rumour is true or not - the only way to judge is whether the person that posts it has been reliable in the past.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Yeah, either way I wouldn't mind. First priority is staying up regardless, if we get Ince on a contract till end of season with payment for staying up then if it goes well negotiate on a new contract if he likes.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
:thumbsup:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Ince is excactly what we need - a big character that would inspire the players AND the fans. And a big plus is that he is in the same mould as the two fergies, he would ref the games from the touchline something that no Brighton manager has done for years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If there is a bonus payment for keeping us up it will have to be a hefty amount considering the shit we're in.:thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Down the years anyting I have posted on NSC has been relatively reliable, but this is not a certanty, but whatever is printed, the club have 100% had contact with Ince/agent today.

I believe you, even if 00's don't. After all, spoken to does not mean offered anything and why wouldn't we? I mean, what lots of idiots on here forget is that it does take a bit of time to appoint someone. Even longer when you've not got a lot to offer like we have and so the quality of candidates will naturally be lower.

That said, I hope it's not Ince. I don't have a good feeling about him.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If this is true. Then this would be a fantastic coup and a positive stance to avoid the drop. Plus if anyone remembers, when he was at MK Dons they were playing at the Hockey Arena whilst their new ground was being built, he stayed with them and won the paint pot and League Two when they moved in. So I'm only spectulating he might stay here untill Falmer opens!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Where is the betting on this now?

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
Down the years anyting I have posted on NSC has been relatively reliable, but this is not a certanty, but whatever is printed, the club have 100% had contact with Ince/agent today.

Have just got in having had a shite day at the office. Hoping that your source is reliable. If so, great news.

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Ince is excactly what we need - a big character that would inspire the players AND the fans. And a big plus is that he is in the same mould as the two fergies, he would ref the games from the touchline something that no Brighton manager has done for years.

Whilst I cannot stand Ince, I think he may be a good manager for us as you say. If he brings us good football and takes us forward, I can put up with him!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If this is true. Then this would be a fantastic coup and a positive stance to avoid the drop. Plus if anyone remembers, when he was at MK Dons they were playing at the Hockey Arena whilst their new ground was being built, he stayed with them and won the paint pot and League Two when they moved in. So I'm only spectulating he might stay here untill Falmer opens!

No he was not. He had one season with them, which was last season and he got them promoted.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope this is true saved Macclesfield when really they had no hope and then went to mkdons and did the business. Got burnt in the premiership and will have a chip on his shoulder wanting to prove his is really a good manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here