Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ifil

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Would love to have Flinders back but he's on loan at Falkirk.

Ifill won't come because we can't pay his wages and although I rate him would want him on short-term loan to see if he could survive. Always felt that loans should be so we can have a look at someone with the opton to buy later. As this will be impossible with Ifill let's look elsewhere.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Something else to consider here is that Palace have listed him and Fletcher in order to obtain funds for a new striker, so they may not be willing to send him out on load at all.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
A/ He supports us, and lives here. So I'm sure he would be very happy to come here.

B/ Probably won't give him to us.

C/ Well I can't actually think of one. But Simon Jordan is a wanker.

Its funny reading all this Ifill supports Brighton stuff on here because when he joined Palace his profile in the match programme had him stating he supported Newcastle as a kid. He is from Sussex and i am sure has watched Brighton games but apparently he is no Brighton fan.

Whether or not he said that to appease Palace fans i am not sure but why would he? At the end of the day probably 0.001% of players who play for a club actually supported them as a kid and for example you have Nicky Forster who is a big Palace fan but i am sure most Brighton fans couldn't give a toss as long as he keeps banging them in for you.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Its funny reading all this Ifill supports Brighton stuff on here because when he joined Palace his profile in the match programme had him stating he supported Newcastle as a kid. He is from Sussex and i am sure has watched Brighton games but apparently he is no Brighton fan.

Whether or not he said that to appease Palace fans i am not sure but why would he? At the end of the day probably 0.001% of players who play for a club actually supported them as a kid and for example you have Nicky Forster who is a big Palace fan but i am sure most Brighton fans couldn't give a toss as long as he keeps banging them in for you.

Agreed, just because players are born/grew-up in Sussex does not mean they are Albion fans. Off the top of my head I can name 3 in Marcus Tudgay, Kim Grant & Darren Freeman who are from Sussex but none of whom support the Albion.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Not a cat in hells chance of him signing for us,
1, I,d be suprised if we could afford him
& 2, Why would he want to sign for us when he,ll have championship clubs after him.
I did read a long while back that he was a BHA fan & used to go to the Goldstone a fact that as previously stated he conveniently forgot to mention when signing for palace, so no thanks anyway.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Or on the other hand he isn't going to amit to Palace fans that he supports Brighton when he signed for them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So he went to the Goldstone a few times, is there any record of him at any time publicly saying saying he was an Albion fan or is this just another NSC fact?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
So he went to the Goldstone a few times, is there any record of him at any time publicly saying saying he was an Albion fan or is this just another NSC fact?

The fact that he went to some away game at hereford a few years ago might come into it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that he went to some away game at hereford a few years ago might come into it.

I think that anyone with ANY interest in Brighton would have gone to that game if they could get a ticket though. I have no doubt as a local lad he would have an interest but that doesn't actually make him the died in the wool fan we seem to be being told he is?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I think that anyone with ANY interest in Brighton would have gone to that game if they could get a ticket though. I have no doubt as a local lad he would have an interest but that doesn't actually make him the died in the wool fan we seem to be being told he is?

Yes damn him for not being able to go to every game ;)

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Or on the other hand he isn't going to amit to Palace fans that he supports Brighton when he signed for them.

But as i said why not? Lets be fair footballers don't have the same loyalty and affiliation for our clubs like us mere fans do and as i also said the vast majority of fans couldn't give two fucks who a player supported as long as he does the business on the pitch.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not worth the risk,but from palarses point of view who would actually splash out on ifill? nobody

Its a loan somewhere im sure,pretty sure he scored against us for millwall a few years ago or so at the den:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here