Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Gascoigne

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I see he's been charged with drink driving, driving without a licence and driving without insurance.

I've cut Gascoigne a lot of slack over the years because of having seen him play live at his best, and be the best player of my generation. But if found guilty, he's got to go to prison now for a decent stretch, hasn't he? They are three serious offences all at the same time. Anything less will send out a terrible message.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not sure about custodial, probably 3 year ban/Disqual until test passed, driving programme, costs and fines. Tends to mainly be repeat Disqual drivers that get custodial and even that is often suspended. Then again....

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He really needs to get a spell inside for this latest act of gross stupidity, although I don't really think that'll do him much good tbh. At least it'll keep the rest of us safe from his drink-fuelled nonsense. I can only see one conclusion for his life now, & sadly it doesn't involve any great longevity. :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our very own George Best

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I have long since had zero sympathy for the guy. A destructive drunk, who would smack his wife around, and played with the minds of those kids to a massive extent. He seems to let everyone down, time and time again until they eventually wash their hands of him.

Being good at kicking a football seems to pale into insignificance against the rest of his behaviour.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If his lack of a license is down to a previous ban a custodial sentence is rather likely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unfortunately I think its only a matter of time before he's found dead in a hotel room somewhere.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have long since had zero sympathy for the guy. A destructive drunk, who would smack his wife around, and played with the minds of those kids to a massive extent. He seems to let everyone down, time and time again until they eventually wash their hands of him.

Being good at kicking a football seems to pale into insignificance against the rest of his behaviour.

And of course somewhere between newspaper and TV sensationalism and the accounts from Paul himself is the truth.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3422487 said:
I opened this thread fully expecting to read he'd snuffed it.

You'll have to go back to analgrannies.biz for your hand shandy material today then Danny

:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our very own George Best

This is worse, at best Best made it to 59 and held down a Sky Pundit job until well into his 50s.

Dandyman

In London village.
One of the greatest players I've ever had the pleasure of watching, which makes his present state even more tragic.

Locking him up for a while may even do him a favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here