Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Crichton Departs

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I thought Micky was Adams? Now I'm confused...

changed it now :D

Do you know that, or are you guessing?

A guess, thats why I said it "seems" to be like that. Wilkins, Chapman, White, Booker, Keely etc must have been the cheaper option as they have been with the club and lived locally. The other option being bringing in people never associated at the club who are experienced and know what they are doing. I any empolyment it is cheaper to get someone at the bottom of the ladder, rather than at the top. I know we are not made of money too to go and get "better" people, its just the way of life in the 3rd division

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Agreed, but with Chrichton he hasnt just been handed a job by Norwich, he has done his time, proved his worth in the lower leagues and now got himself promoted to a higher level.

Us, we just hand out jobs to whoever because they are nice, and used to play for us, it all gets too cosy and a bit non league, as we are using people that have never worked in their current role, and get no guidance or experience

I cant think of too many former players that have done their time ang got decent jobs other than Terry Connor and possibly dean Saunders
Dave Sexton
Howard Wilkinson
Joe Kinnear
John Gregory(!)
Mark Lawrenson

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
serious loss and hard to replace but as we already have someone in mind, it'll probably be an old Coventry keeper ;)

sureyyathegodofthephonein

nsc most loved
Apr 26, 2008
Having sex in a skip
changed it now :D

A guess, thats why I said it "seems" to be like that. Wilkins, Chapman, White, Booker, Keely etc must have been the cheaper option as they have been with the club and lived locally. The other option being bringing in people never associated at the club who are experienced and know what they are doing. I any empolyment it is cheaper to get someone at the bottom of the ladder, rather than at the top. I know we are not made of money too to go and get "better" people, its just the way of life in the 3rd division

Managers though like to bring in people they know and that they can trsut
if your a manager and your in the shitter your going to want people who are on your side and want to work with you
Hence why Adams wanted Booker when he was at Leicster

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
it maybe a good idea, but I think we need to move on and move forawrd with Falmer coming up. By this I mean we need to ditch this "re-employ" old players type thing. It has let us down however nice the players are.

We need to be more serious and more professional in everything if we are going to progress, not just re-employ old players because they were nice and were good at football.

If we continue the way were are going we will have a coaching set up of Kuipers, Butters, oatway and Forster, none of which have ever taken a coaching role, and will be chucked in the deep end and we end up sliding back down the footballing heirachy

Did I just hear a nail being hit soundly on the head? :bowdown:

The Albion is a football club, not a retirement charity for ageing but hilarious footballers. Kuipers as a coach would be laughable, he's far too precious.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The advantage for Crichton going to Norwich and coaching local keepers there is that they all have six fingers, which can only help when catching the ball shirley.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wish Crichton all the best in his new job but I hope he does'nt want to take Sullivan with him.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
All the best to him, good career move and leaving for family reasons also so can't blame the guy to much for going.
Best memory was turning up for the Colchester game on boxing day at 2pm ( damn park and ride being early) and seeing him warm up Sullivan with half volleys from the edge of the area, proceeding to miss the ball with a generous call of 'heads' about half a second before the ball cannoned into one of the ball boys standing behind the goal looking the other way.
Knocked him off his feet so fast he nearly did a matrix flip. Bloody hilarious though :lolol::lolol::lolol:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
it maybe a good idea, but I think we need to move on and move forawrd with Falmer coming up. By this I mean we need to ditch this "re-employ" old players type thing. It has let us down however nice the players are.

We need to be more serious and more professional in everything if we are going to progress, not just re-employ old players because they were nice and were good at football.

If we continue the way were are going we will have a coaching set up of Kuipers, Butters, oatway and Forster, none of which have ever taken a coaching role, and will be chucked in the deep end and we end up sliding back down the footballing heirachy

You have just saved me a load of typing, thank you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here