Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Crichton Departs

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:clap2::clap2:

i quite like the idea of john sullivan randomly BERATING our outfield players, and perhaps even FIGHTING with them

FLAIR!:clap::clap:

i want to see him pull of an OUTRAGEOUS time wasting manuever, involving throwing the ball against an advertising hoarding and claiming he couldnt get it over, then putting it down for a goal kick, walking slowly back, then deciding to move the ball to the other side - and to top it all off having the NERVE to complain about a booking for time wasting

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
it maybe a good idea, but I think we need to move on and move forawrd with Falmer coming up. By this I mean we need to ditch this "re-employ" old players type thing. It has let us down however nice the players are.

We need to be more serious and more professional in everything if we are going to progress, not just re-employ old players because they were nice and were good at football.

If we continue the way were are going we will have a coaching set up of Kuipers, Butters, oatway and Forster, none of which have ever taken a coaching role, and will be chucked in the deep end and we end up sliding back down the footballing heirachy
And yet Crichton is going to Norwich to be part of their all ex-Norwich coaching staff. :lol:

We should get coaches based on their qualities, nothing else, but if they happen to be ex players that is ok too. For example if Paul Watson was brought in to do some set piece sessions rather than whatever it is he does that would be ok (probably). I think Forster would be a good coach.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
higuita.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:clap2::clap2:

i quite like the idea of john sullivan randomly BERATING our outfield players, and perhaps even FIGHTING with them

FLAIR!:clap::clap:

this is EXACTLY the sort of antics i want to see from our goalkeepers

[yt]xF5EVeo30I4&feature=related[/yt]

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
And yet Crichton is going to Norwich to be part of their all ex-Norwich coaching staff. :lol:

We should get coaches based on their qualities, nothing else, but if they happen to be ex players that is ok too. For example if Paul Watson was brought in to do some set piece sessions rather than whatever it is he does that would be ok (probably). I think Forster would be a good coach.

Agreed, but with Chrichton he hasnt just been handed a job by Norwich, he has done his time, proved his worth in the lower leagues and now got himself promoted to a higher level.

Us, we just hand out jobs to whoever because they are nice, and used to play for us, it all gets too cosy and a bit non league, as we are using people that have never worked in their current role, and get no guidance or experience

I cant think of too many former players that have done their time ang got decent jobs other than Terry Connor and possibly dean Saunders

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Agreed, but with Chrichton he hasnt just been handed a job by Norwich, he has done his time, proved his worth in the lower leagues and now got himself promoted to a higher level.

Us, we just hand out jobs to whoever because they are nice, and used to play for us, it all gets too cosy and a bit non league, as we are using people that have never worked in their current role, and get no guidance or experience

I cant think of too many former players that have done their time ang got decent jobs other than Terry Connor and possibly dean Saunders

Howard Wilkinson
Steve Burtenshaw
Brian Horton
Danny Wilson
Chris Hutchings
Eric Steele

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

0,,10442~3046493,00.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
my dream is for a brighton keeper to be involved in something entitled "CRAZY KEEPING"

ps- MATT JANSEN!!!!!!!!!!

there is not enough of this sort of CAPER at withdean

[yt]ZHEOSRdLdVM[/yt]

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

John Keeley, Simon Morgan.

I don't totally disagree with what you're saying, but IF the manager is given free reign to choose who he wants then you have to go along with it, if he chooses his mates for the sake of it and they're crap it will impact on the team, and he'll lose his job (or be given loads of money to spend if he flukes a draw or two).

To use Forster as an example, if he decides he's going to retire at the end of next season and has been working on his coaching badges, the manager thinks he could be a good addition but we let him go there's nothing to say we'll ever get him back, or anyone as good.
If it's done for the right reasons there's no problem. IMO. Whether we do it for the right reasons or not I couldn't say. But I'd like to think so.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
After all we now have two first choice keepers under contract at the club for the first time since 1984.

Thanks Paul, and good luck.

Roberts and Kuipers?

Crichton seems to have done well and I think we will miss him, hopefully we get a replacement sooner rather than later.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
[yt]Bp4d35_HzRE[/yt]

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Nicky Rust is a goalkeeping coach!!:yahoo::ascarf:

....in FM2009 :dunce:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
John Keeley, Simon Morgan.

I don't totally disagree with what you're saying, but IF the manager is given free reign to choose who he wants then you have to go along with it, if he chooses his mates for the sake of it and they're crap it will impact on the team, and he'll lose his job (or be given loads of money to spend if he flukes a draw or two).

To use Forster as an example, if he decides he's going to retire at the end of next season and has been working on his coaching badges, the manager thinks he could be a good addition but we let him go there's nothing to say we'll ever get him back, or anyone as good.
If it's done for the right reasons there's no problem. IMO. Whether we do it for the right reasons or not I couldn't say. But I'd like to think so.

I agree with you too, it just "seems" we do it because it is probably the cheaper option.

We bring in Wilkins and Chapman for example. it is cheap, they are old Albion boys who were liked at the club. They get given jobs. The team are then deemed not good enough under their guidance, and they are sacked (Chapman on his prinicples)

We then look to bring in a coach with experience, as we didnt have that because we employed our own. OK Micky has backfired spectacularly, but I guess the logic should be, Micky is more experienced than Wilkins, and will take us forward.

We then have the likes of Butters, Hart, Mayo, Oatway etc. We dont know if they will make good coaches because they have never been one. But it seems we will employ them because it will be cheap, and they are liked at the club.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here