Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Clement - dark horse

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to the Argus Clement would be very difficult to get. The article suggests that Ancelotti has the final say on whether Paul would be allowed to leave Real. However as is always the way in football if we want and he wants to come I cannot see even Ancelotti standing in the way.

I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on the last paragraph and line above it, in the linked article, naming Chris Hughton.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I think Hughton would be a good choice. He has experience.

Had some inside knowledge has regards Hughton being friendly with a close relative of a current Norwich player. According to him if you are looking for attacking free flowing football then Hughton is not the man. He is in the not lose first club, although perhaps this was because of the club he was at. A steady choice who isn't going to make waves or headlines but may also fail to inspire is how it was put to me.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had some inside knowledge has regards Houghton being friendly with a close relative of a current Norwich player. According to him if you are looking for attacking free flowing football then Houghton is not the man. He is in the not lose first club, although perhaps this was because of the club he was at. A steady choice who isn't going to make waves or headlines but may also fail to inspire is how it was put to me.

Houghton, Ray = former Liverpool midfielder, and erstwhile TV pundit.

Hughton, Chris = former Spurs defender, and ex-manager of Norwich.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He got Newcastle promoted and did quite well at Birmingham.

Yep, and his failure at Norwich was more down to the club being suicidal and not giving him their full backing. I think it was around or before the Christmas period they were on the verge of sacking him if he didn’t win the next game. Last season he took them to 11th.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep, and his failure at Norwich was more down to the club being suicidal and not giving him their full backing.

Have we not just had not one but two managers leave us because they felt we were not giving them their full backing......

Which is way he does not inspire me, and I feel is not the right fit for us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We need to go along the coast and get Eddie Howe from Bournmouth what he has done with that club is fantastic he needs to make that step up now & distance should not be a problem for him unlike at Burnley

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Have we not just had not one but two managers leave us because they felt we were not giving them their full backing......

Which is way he does not inspire me, and I feel is not the right fit for us.

When I said Norwich didn't give Hughton their full backing I meant moral backing, support, not financial backing. I never once heard Hughton say he was let down financially in the transfer market, or even demand more from them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
When I said Norwich didn't give Hughton their full backing I meant moral backing, support, not financial backing. I never once heard Hughton say he was let down financially in the transfer market, or even demand more from them.

Has it also not been implied in the media and within the Amex that Tony and the board have not been as hands on as they should be and the main reason why we did not sign Grabban ?

Just asking not arguing young man.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Not sure the perceived lack of moral support was the reason for relegation. Norwich spent big in relative terms over the summer on strikers and yet they were unable to score the goals needed to survive and that in part is due to the way he sets out his teams. But you are right he did not and does not moan and is steady and maybe this is appealing to some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here