Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Paul Brooker to resign for BHA**

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
alan partridge said:
what happened to the leon knight on his way cos he doesn't get on with the other players rumour richie started just before the play off final.

is that still gonna happen?

Well he did say that Leon wouldn't be with us at the end of next season so he's given himself around a year with that rumour.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Concerning BZ, there is no way he would come back to us with our set-up after having experienced the facilities at Three Point Lane and Upton Park. If he is to leave the Hammers then a club like Forest is more likely.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
alan partridge said:
what happened to the leon knight on his way cos he doesn't get on with the other players rumour richie started just before the play off final.

is that still gonna happen?

Seemed to be getting on well enough with them in the celebrations afterwards at Cardiff.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The facts are simple.

Danny and Leon both have a year left on their contract.

After the final, Leon clearly stated he was "settled and happy" with Brighton and now that we are in division one, he was happy to open talks on extending/improving his contract. This will happen in August.

As for Danny, he too has a year left on his contract. I am sure Yorkie has her facts right. With a new baby the last thing you need is to be unsettled. I know for a fact DC is in talks with the club about extending his contract.

Finally, the Brooker rumour is plausible. Leicester dont want him anymore and he did not do that well for Coppell at Reading. My guess is wages will be too much to afford, although now we are in the first there may be a bit more in the pot.

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Brooker was released by Leicester on a free transfer and has not signed for anyone yet as far as I can tell

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
_wilka_ said:
Brooker was released by Leicester on a free transfer and has not signed for anyone yet as far as I can tell

Hasn't he still got a year to run on his Leicester contract? If so, there must be a good chance he'll sit in the reserves on Premiership wages, and bide his time??

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
_wilka_ said:

don't think he has actually been released but he is available on a free transfer

A good winger on his day. But I may get slated for this, but I'm not really that bothered whether he comes back or not. Would be a useful squad player, but I'm sure an astute bloke like McGhee, has his eye on plenty of wingers.

I would welcome him back, but really not fussed either way.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Danny lives in Chailey, and has had a house there for the last year or so...where does this "he has just bought a house down here" stuff come from?

Secondly, my my we are a fickle bunch. All Brooker got was slating after slating on here as being a lazy useless waste of space. Now suddenly he is regarded as the second coming.:angry:

I think we should go after Hunt from Brentford again. He would be class in our midfield and would give us a winger role as well

Stumpy Tim

dave the gaffer said:
I think we should go after Hunt from Brentford again. He would be class in our midfield and would give us a winger role as well

Too right. Brooker was very exciting, but doesn't work hard enough to fit in this team. MM won't let him wander back in his own time IMHO.

Saying that, on Seagulls World he did say he was looking at a creative midfielder AND a midfielder who can run with the ball. I reckon he'll go after Yeates again

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Bald Gull said:
don't think he has actually been released but he is available on a free transfer
thats right he hasn't been released just been told he can leave on a free transfer but still has a year to go so he could if he wanted just sit at leicester for another year

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not too fussed about Brooker coming back, not because he was a lazy bugger (although he was) but because he didn't do enough with the ball. He had the talent to leave defenders for dead but his final ball was often atrocious. I'd happily have someone who coasted for 95% of the game if he could deliver a couple of pinpoint crosses every game, but Bozza was a long way from doing that.

Dave the G is right. We moaned about him when he played for us, now he's bloody Tom Finney.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I hope Brooker doesn't return. Talented with attacking flair but he suffered a perpetual crisis in confidence (something that stems right back to his youth days in West London) and flattered to deceive. Like with Dean Wilkins, I think people choose to only remember the best moments (of which realistically there were not that many).

Cannot see him passing up a year of Leicester wages to come and play for a tough guy like McGhee.

I live in hope MM can lure someone better personally.

Surprised to see some of the comments on here. It's almost as if a lot of people want Bozza back in the stripes simply to slag him off all over again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, Yeates or Hunt over Brooker any day please. It's worth bearing in mind that Paul Brooker has probably played no more than six 90 minute matches (for Reading) over the whole of last season. He'll take ages to get up to the level at which he was playing when he left.

Wasn't Hunt a target for Coppell though? It doesn't necessarily follow that McGhee would try and sign him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here