Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber will be joining the NWSS tomorrow night

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Quick summary of the evening:

He thinks interest free DD is one of the best inovations he has seen in football and its going nowhere.
Shirt sponsorship deals are being discussioned and if things go according to plan will be a big increase in value, probably not a local company.
Club is still on a variety of sponsorship deal with league 1 value these will be changed asap.
Club revenue is between 20-25 million a year so costs between 28-33 million, cost include everything needed to run the club on a day to day basis but training ground cost can be offset a bit like tax relief for FFP.
The club is being structured ready for the Premiership and this does control some of the decisions the club make.
Ticketing is a lot more complecated than we think.
Club will try to "enhance" corporate type sponsorship and events to minimise ticket increases.
Our health and saftey certificate manadates that we are over cautious with things like segregation, stewarding etc whilst we are a new ground.

There was more but an interesting evening, it will be a challenge to balance the books but my opinion has improved however we should never stop asking questions.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

He thinks interest free DD is one of the best inovations he has seen in football and its going nowhere.
Shirt sponsorship deals are being discussioned and if things go according to plan will be a big increase in value, probably not a local company.
Club is still on a variety of sponsorship deal with league 1 value these will be changed asap.
Club revenue is between 20-25 million a year so costs between 28-33 million, cost include everything needed to run the club on a day to day basis but training ground cost can be offset a bit like tax relief for FFP.
The club is being structured ready for the Premiership and this does control some of the decisions the club make.
Club will try to "enhance" corporate type sponsorship and events to minimise ticket increases.
Our health and saftey certificate manadates that we are over cautious with things like segregation, stewarding etc whilst we are a new ground.

There was more but an interesting evening, it will be a challenge to balance the books but my opinion has improved however we should never stop asking questions.

Thanks for the summary Lethargic :thumbsup:

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold

Good summary saves me from writing it. only things to add,
He really doesn like the idea if safe standing area's.
Some other clubs in the championship are only now waking up to the idea the FFP is going to change things and some clubs are going to find it hard.
some or all of the 600 segregation seats may be moved and installed into the North East corner for Sat as the new seats are still on that slow boat from China
Away memberships are being looked at
grading of games is being looked at
School kids filling empty seats is being looked at
New training ground is key to 1st team players and in bringing new players and kids to the club
whoever wins the bid to replace azure harveys and Piglets should still be on the menu

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
some or all of the 600 segregation seats may be moved and installed into the North East corner for Sat as the new seats are still on that slow boat from China

I have to say, that sounds a bit impossible to me and I can't understand why he suggested it. Surely there isn't enough time to do that? But then what do I know?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I thought I had read that on Twitter when a poster was complaining about being moved from S1H on another thread. It's a good idea because we need the space for segregation but can use the seats in the North East to release more tickets.

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
I have to say, that sounds a bit impossible to me and I can't understand why he suggested it. Surely there isn't enough time to do that? But then what do I know?

I know but that's what he said. not sure how long it would take to unbolt them and move them and then you would have to sell them!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know but that's what he said. not sure how long it would take to unbolt them and move them and then you would have to sell them!

Unbolting the seats will only take as long as bolting them took in the first place (might need some WD40) and then re-bolting them in the NEC

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Cheers for last night Stonski, had a great night and I'm close to selling your train and match ticket for Sheff Weds just waiting for the phone call.
Also I asked him if we could have a few barrels of the guest ale in the home bars which he liked the idea of.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's an interesting idea, hadn't thought of that. would presumably still need to get the safety certificate.

PG

I think the safety certificate refers to numbers of people rather than where the seats are situated. As the numbers won't be increased, I don't think a further safety certificate is required yet.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think the safety certificate refers to numbers of people rather than where the seats are situated. As the numbers won't be increased, I don't think a further safety certificate is required yet.

But surely if a new area of the ground is opened up, there would need to be checks that egress was safe as well as seats bolted in properly? But maybe these are internal matters?

At the other end, of course segregation is potentially less effective without the seats: the police may have something to say on that.

I'll stop being negative now, will be delighted to see more seats!

PG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But surely if a new area of the ground is opened up, there would need to be checks that egress was safe as well as seats bolted in properly? But maybe these are internal matters?

At the other end, of course segregation is potentially less effective without the seats: the police may have something to say on that.

I'll stop being negative now, will be delighted to see more seats!

PG

Netting could still be fixed to either side of the gap.

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Cheers for last night Stonski, had a great night and I'm close to selling your train and match ticket for Sheff Weds just waiting for the phone call.
Also I asked him if we could have a few barrels of the guest ale in the home bars which he liked the idea of.

Nice one cheers mate. Yep he took that idea onboard. whats the one you like Blacksheep?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here