Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul barber q&a matchday thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As it happens I regularly deal with high pressure client issues across a range of complex solutions that have potential high financial implications for my company, 24/7 and I always (as you suggested in your previous note) take care to give a considered response.

And not on a premier league CEOs salary I might add.

Me too (or I did until recently), and I know I've sent unnecessarily abrupt replies and regretted it. Well done you if you never have.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We will not be seeing full stadia for a least another season, maybe longer!

With Boris in charge of the asylum, this might change next week. And again the week after. Who really knows?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
To be fair, Barber has more stamina than Red Rum, nearly two hours of this. :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Me too (or I did until recently), and I know I've sent unnecessarily abrupt replies and regretted it. Well done you if you never have.

Email is impossible to get ‘right’. Too long. Too short. Too complex. Too simple. Too direct. Too verbose. Etc.

What they all have in common though is the subjective intolerance and stupidity of the reader. :cool:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He explained earlier (and is doing so again now) - was a simple take it or leave it and the revenue plugs a small part of a huge hole ('Hobson's choice'). At least we get to see some football if we want.

Yes they don't agree with it however they have given the option for fans to pay for it if they want to.

Still think the decision goes against the ethos of a Community Club

Voting against was a vote for Albion fans having no (legitimate) option to watch most of our games this season.

You still have the option to miss them, but you also have the choice to pay to watch them if you want to and are able to.

I really don't see how any open-minded pragmatic Albion fan could fail to be impressed at what Barber has had to say tonight, and the transparency of the club's thoughts and workings.

How many other clubs have done this, or are doing this, around this subject?

See the thing is if the club - knowing PPV was coming, and knowing they had slated talking about refunds to STH for the next board meeting - they could have penned something to come out simultaneously [if there was a media black out on PPV] that told us their reasons for voting for the deal and not being best pleased with the price point and that the board were discussing how best to refund STHs then NONE of the vitriol bar the most ludicrous would have happened.

He/they shot themselves in the foot IMO. Totally avoidable.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
See the thing is if the club - knowing PPV was coming, and knowing they had slated talking about refunds to STH for the next board meeting - they could have penned something to come out simultaneously [if there was a media black out on PPV] that told us their reasons for voting for the deal and not being best pleased with the price point and that the board were discussing how best to refund STHs then NONE of the vitriol bar the most ludicrous would have happened.

They knew a few minutes before we did

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Didn't he also say they only had a day's notice on the PPV proposal ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

You are probably right since the email came out just before this call, however, there is a lot going on so if they did drop a clanger it is not surprising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here