Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber in last night's programme

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So basically gullys girls were binned as we are all a bunch of leering peodophiles then mr barber?

Very interesting and patronising comment.

I think NSC could perhaps help here.

Why doesn't one of our STH members who IS a paedophile write to Barber and demand his money back due to Gully's Girls being binned? Let's face it, we've all had our doubts about *****, ****** **** (and if you ask me ********* too) ( names removed on the advice of Bozza's lawyers), so given that the football is a bit shithouse at present one of them could see if Barber is principled (by giving a refund of the STH who no longer gets a semi at half time) or a money grabber (by not giving a refund).

I have asked one final question on ATC about the south stand tickets. As those who were at the game saw, there was virtually a whole block (S1H) which was hardly used and none of the arguments PB or Insider have made address why these were not made available.

Also, for clubs who take the minimum 900 all location and have no prospect of bringing more (Watford) why can the £28 SE corner tickets not be made available sooner.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
His reason for getting rid of Gully's Girls was total horse shit.

They provide a brilliant role model for girl fans, my daughter loved them. And they are nice to look at. And they were part of the pre match build up. They also do fantastic work in the community. And yet he has binned them because some now dead paedophile in Leeds? Makes absolutely no sense to me. It's just pure horse shit.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Fair enough?

He confirms that Gully's Girls were binned because of inappropriate comments about them and the Saville thing. People have been calling Barnes a **** for years, he's still out there?

He blamed segregation for the lack of cheap tickets being available, even though for Tuesday night games in particular it is plainly obvious that the likes of Peterborough aren't going to need a 3000 allocation.

His reasons for ticket exchange were fair enough - as we all thought, he wants to make money.

And his final statement said just that. Prices are being hiked across everything, tough shit, like it of lump it.

Thought Barber was getting a raw deal, but after reading that, he can frankly do one.

Mr Barber has zero concern for the fans. He is a ruthless businessmen. People need to understand that, that is the way it is. Mr Barber knows he has us all over a barrell. ST prices will be hiked next season. We can renew or leave. He is of the belief that there are enough people happy to take up the ones that become available. IMO he will keep rising prices until he sees people stop buying. The only way we will stop the price hikes is by collective abstention.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

They provide a brilliant role model for girl fans, my daughter loved them. And they are nice to look at. And they were part of the pre match build up. They also do fantastic work in the community. And yet he has binned them because some now dead paedophile in Leeds? Makes absolutely no sense to me. It's just pure horse shit.

Spot on. Any scapegoat will do.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Finances in a pickle?

Poyet must sell CMS, Barnes and the deadwood and not bring in any new players.

Also get rid of Barber and save his wages too!

Club security and fans first. Corporate henchmen back to the high street banks

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Barber Out! Lets form a group and march up to the stadium with banners,flaming torches and pitch forks demanding he leaves.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Barber Out! Lets form a group and march up to the stadium with banners,flaming torches and pitch forks demanding he leaves.
And we'll need a virgin sacrifice, don't forget the virgin sacrifice.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Quite, and with as much place in football as goal music.

I go to football to watch 22 men kick a ball about, not watch birds. When my missis puts on some sexy underwear, I don't expect her to do a few keepy uppies before getting down to it.

Rock on Bevo. By the way is the Becca still up and running?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Please see somebody. Or find a partner that queries your endlessly negative hunt for the terrible villains of our time. Or knit your own pet to hold and squeeze, a tape recorder in its heart squealing when you grasp too severely and to quieten the screams to determined to escape you. Hobbies are good too. I remember those badge-making clubs and courses i'd go on in summer holidays when mother had of course had enough of us and needed some time alone. I've had adverts emailed to me by amazon recently of spending a morning with an owl. £18 in Biggleswade. Not bad. Don't know where Biggleswade is but it sounds a cool place. They have kestrels and falcons and other birds of prey to admire. Hopefully you'll believe in their eating habits and not take it as false advertising in the handbook you're given on a day there. Live very near to a policeman too. It makes one feel safer if you know someone in the flat below is in the force. They have contacts with all sorts of medical people who can offer you help in the darker moment. A cop can explain the noises you hear in the night too. Mainly, just settle down. Find that inner calm. You could really make something of yourself, i think.

Brilliant!

Although, it's certainly made him go quiet, surely he couldn't be looking into your suggestions? (and there was me thinking you were just being ironic....)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Maybe Barber was getting a little stiffie at half-time and it was getting embarrassing in front of opposing teams directors, corporate clients et al and had to get rid to save his own blushes...

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
"we don't want to put any young person in a position where they can be leered at our ridiculed" - and yet, the girls WANT to dance to the audience, and they've loved it for the last two years.

"we also have to protect the interests of those season-ticket holders who wish to sell their tickets through the club's own ticket exchange" - do we HAVE to? Of course we f***ing don't.

"the club will always do its best to make available the largest possible section of seats in different price categories as early as it can or whenever it can". - Well it hasn't so far.

Barber's an intelligent man and knows his PR - unfortunately, the OP has fallen for it hook line and sinker.

You need to find another hobby. You hate this football club. You must do. Why bother? Really, I think you need to find something to do to fill your spare time. I am not as articulate nor do I have the imagination of Meades Ball. But you really need to get some help and some love and positivity in your life. This whole Albion thing is not doing you any good.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Sat in my seat Tuesday garguing on my pies and no Gully Girls. Was pissed off but what I also noticed was thete wasnt no Sally or Gully, have they been saked as they could be peodo's as well as they lark about with the children. Whats happend to them?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here