Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber in last night's programme

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I do get the feeling that barber, like some of the players, need to stop reading the very vocal yet small minority of Albion fans on here. There are thousands out there who couldn't give a flying toss about safe standing, gullys girls or the size of the segregation area; they just want to go to a game, switch of from life and forget about all the other shit out there for an hour and a half. The next day they wake up and carry on with the shit they tried to forget the night before and the last thing on their mind is what Paul Barber's explanation is regarding stewarding.

Completely agree with this. Well said!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think he is quite amenable and his responses are well thought out.

However, he is very corporate and has a clear remit to reduce expenditure whilst increasing revenue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
cheerleaders are two bob, shit and embarrassing.

Quite, and with as much place in football as goal music.

I go to football to watch 22 men kick a ball about, not watch birds. When my missis puts on some sexy underwear, I don't expect her to do a few keepy uppies before getting down to it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I do get the feeling that barber, like some of the players, need to stop reading the very vocal yet small minority of Albion fans on here. There are thousands out there who couldn't give a flying toss about safe standing, gullys girls or the size of the segregation area; they just want to go to a game, switch of from life and forget about all the other shit out there for an hour and a half. The next day they wake up and carry on with the shit they tried to forget the night before and the last thing on their mind is what Paul Barber's explanation is regarding stewarding.

Agree totally.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
I thought his thought were validated, only unrealistic bit was the selling tickets to family and friends bit. Come on "who's gonna really go through the club for that"

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Quite, and with as much place in football as goal music.

I go to football to watch 22 men kick a ball about, not watch birds. When my missis puts on some sexy underwear, I don't expect her to do a few keepy uppies before getting down to it.

That's where I've been going wrong.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think he is quite amenable and his responses are well thought out.

However, he is very corporate and has a clear remit to reduce expenditure whilst increasing revenue.

Yeah, I've said in other threads I don't agree with all his decisions (and probably won't in the future), but the bottom line is we need him. If we (apparently) haven't been able to turn an operating profit given the fact the stadium is always, as near as dammit, sold out every game - what will we be like when times are hard? And God knows what state we'd be in already if we'd had to commercially-fund the stadium construction.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004

Yep, pretty much what I do. :clap::clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've been quite vocal with my scepticism towards Barber and in my opinion it is not the decisions he is making that annoys me as much as the lack of consultation with our supporters.

The Gully's Girls decision is case in point. I don't fundamentally disagree with his decision - it ought to be fairly irrelevant in the scheme of things. But to bin them without gauging opinion seems utterly crass.

And I still maintain the ticket exchange closure is petty and the cup ticket prices is short term thinking and a bit of a missed opportunity.

Still, he's been brought in to make tough decisions so that Bloom doesn't have to (and cop any flak), so I think he deserves to be judged after a couple of years, not now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You make that sound as if it is a bad thing though. The Albion have lost a lot of money in recent years, some fans go into apoplexy at paying an extra 50p for a pie, yet berate the club (which is ultimately TB's plaything, and he wants it to be self financing), for not signing player X or Y who costs a lot of money.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Please see somebody. Or find a partner that queries your endlessly negative hunt for the terrible villains of our time. Or knit your own pet to hold and squeeze, a tape recorder in its heart squealing when you grasp too severely and to quieten the screams to determined to escape you. Hobbies are good too. I remember those badge-making clubs and courses i'd go on in summer holidays when mother had of course had enough of us and needed some time alone. I've had adverts emailed to me by amazon recently of spending a morning with an owl. £18 in Biggleswade. Not bad. Don't know where Biggleswade is but it sounds a cool place. They have kestrels and falcons and other birds of prey to admire. Hopefully you'll believe in their eating habits and not take it as false advertising in the handbook you're given on a day there. Live very near to a policeman too. It makes one feel safer if you know someone in the flat below is in the force. They have contacts with all sorts of medical people who can offer you help in the darker moment. A cop can explain the noises you hear in the night too. Mainly, just settle down. Find that inner calm. You could really make something of yourself, i think.

Fantastic, MB.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been quite vocal with my scepticism towards Barber and in my opinion it is not the decisions he is making that annoys me as much as the lack of consultation with our supporters.

The Gully's Girls decision is case in point. I don't fundamentally disagree with his decision - it ought to be fairly irrelevant in the scheme of things. But to bin them without gauging opinion seems utterly crass.

And I still maintain the ticket exchange closure is petty and the cup ticket prices is short term thinking and a bit of a missed opportunity.

Still, he's been brought in to make tough decisions so that Bloom doesn't have to (and cop any flak), so I think he deserves to be judged after a couple of years, not now.
Yeah, can't argue with that. I guess he (Barber) is banking on there being more people like Sergi's Celebration than the likes of us, i.e. those who don't give a toss but just want to watch football regardless.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So to summarise, Barber's a ****, Bloom is a tight fisted ****, Poyet is a jug eared ****, the stewards are *****, the catering staff are *****, the players are money grabbing useless ***** (except Bridcutt who walks on water), Murray is a **** for leaving, the club are ***** for not meeting Murray's wage demands, fans who leave early are *****, fans who criticise others for leaving early are *****, anyone who didn't have a season ticket at Gillingham is a JCL ****, anyone who supports the Albion who was not born within a gnat's bollock of The Goldstone is a ****, Palace fans are *****, Millwall fans are *****, anyone who went to Anfield last season but not Hull three days later is a glory seeking ****. The mods are nazi *****, Bozza is a **** for choosing the mods, anyone who sits down in the North Stand is a ****, anyone who stands up in the North stand is a ****, the East stand is full of silent *****, and 1901er's are all ***** for not returning after half time until the 55th minute.

Luckily we are in the season of goodwill to all men, otherwise NSC could be quite negative at times.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
So to summarise, Barber's a ****, Bloom is a tight fisted ****, Poyet is a jug eared ****, the stewards are *****, the catering staff are *****, the players are money grabbing useless ***** (except Bridcutt who walks on water), Murray is a **** for leaving, the club are ***** for not meeting Murray's wage demands, fans who leave early are *****, fans who criticise others for leaving early are *****, anyone who didn't have a season ticket at Gillingham is a JCL ****, anyone who supports the Albion who was not born within a gnat's bollock of The Goldstone is a ****, Palace fans are *****, Millwall fans are *****, anyone who went to Anfield last season but not Hull three days later is a glory seeking ****. The mods are nazi *****, Bozza is a **** for choosing the mods, anyone who sits down in the North Stand is a ****, anyone who stands up in the North stand is a ****, the East stand is full of silent *****, and 1901er's are all ***** for not returning after half time until the 55th minute.

Luckily we are in the season of goodwill to all men, otherwise NSC could be quite negative at times.

Summed up in a nutshell.......

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

You forgot the caterers who are useless *****, the people who organise and steward the P&R buses who are useless *****, and Southern Railway who are a bunch of inept *****.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So basically gullys girls were binned as we are all a bunch of leering peodophiles then mr barber?

Very interesting and patronising comment.

My family and thousands of people like us attended drum core/ byba competitions, including winter guard competitions all over the country and overseas....youth bands and collegiate bands are watched by millions of people in the USA and canada, Japan, etc etc....so are we all peodophiles then mr barber as they have young girls dancing routines that are basically what gullys girls were doing.

I personally think that barber wanted to sell the wsl seats that they took up and to hell with the enjoyment they provided for the kids in the east stand. Only my opinion, but there you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here