Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Patrik Schick

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I assume this is a windup. I can't believe it's true.
It is so obvious that we need a striker that I can't believe Potter believes that himself. Obviously they play it down so as to avoid being quoted silly money for potential targets but there's no way they won't look at strikers if the price is right...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Normally I'd agree but I've rated him for a few months and he'd be a great signing. As you can see I called Schick a quality striker BEFORE the tournament (and the Czech republic as dark horses)

Fair enough, very good shout chap. His valuation now will have gone absolute looney tunes though, way out of our bracket. His agent must be walking around with a permanent stonk on right now.

Hope you've had a punt on them.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Schick is actually the exact kind of player we should go for. No way is a top six side coming in for him. They'd all be very aware of him for years- he was a wonderkid.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Just been checking and yes OG is beating Schick to the golden boot.

Not had time to dig into how many other OG's have been scored in Euro's previous, but apparently more OG's than in previous Euro's all together.... wow.

Unfortunates are Lukas Hradecky, Mats Hummels, Wojciech Szczesny, Ruben Dias, Raphael Guerreiro, Martin Dubravka, Juraj Kucka, Pedri and now, Unai Simon have all been on the end of own goals throughout the tournament.

Simon latest mistake leaves door open for Spanish Bob?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Right type of player, right type of level, sadly now gonna be massively overpriced and thus can’t see it. Also any solid Prem striker should look great against mostly Championship level defenses. But yes there are top defensive players too at the tournament if you pick and choose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. But yes there are top defensive players too at the tournament if you pick and choose.

But none turned out for France and Spain yesterday. I couldn't help thinking how they could both have done with players like Webster, Dunk and Arsenal's Ben White

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It is so obvious that we need a striker that I can't believe Potter believes that himself. Obviously they play it down so as to avoid being quoted silly money for potential targets but there's no way they won't look at strikers if the price is right...

Indeed, that missing striker completes the jigsaw in my opinion. We are already very tight at the back, ship comparitively few goals, constructive in midfield creating plenty of chances . . . all we need now is one player we can be confident of scoring a dozen or more goals a season. Do that, and perhaps a top ten finish is within our grasp.

Sounds easy when l put it like that, but in reality finding, and of course being willing to shell out for that man, will be far more difficult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here