Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Patrik Schick

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, there's always one player that has a great tournament, gets a big move then flops afterwards. Schick could be that guy. At least they won' forget him in Glasgow and he'll always be able to get a gig with the Old Firm.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
OG . . . Own Goals?

9 apparently - listening to TS on way home. Said that there hadn't been that many in the entire history of the tournament, so to have 9 so far was incredible. Finding it difficult to believe that there has been less than 9 OG's since the Euro's started?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
9 apparently - listening to TS on way home. Said that there hadn't been that many in the entire history of the tournament, so to have 9 so far was incredible. Finding it difficult to believe that there has been less than 9 OG's since the Euro's started?

Hmmm interesting.

I wonder if what is classed as an own goal now, wasn't in previous tournaments, i.e. a deflected shot would have been attributed to the player who put in the shot on goal, whereas this time around, it has been chalked to the unfortunate defender who got in the way of it.

Just a thought.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The 2021 equivalent of Carol Poborsky in ‘96

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've all noticed him, some of us have posted about him on here, a lot of us would probably love him to come here. And now some journo has linked us

[tweet] 1409174480237256709 [/tweet]

Ersatz journo gets 'scoop' by reading NSC perhaps?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Potter has gone public saying we don't need a striker as he will work with what we have,,,,,,,,,,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobbys gone ?

Good ……..bought off the back of one decent game against WHU in the 1964 cup final.
And Dawson come to that.

That Alex Dawson. Eclipsed by Willy Irvine.

As an aside, some odd names for footballers in the 60s and 70s: Nobby, Willy, Chopper. ???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That Alex Dawson. Eclipsed by Willy Irvine.

As an aside, some odd names for footballers in the 60s and 70s: Nobby, Willy, Chopper. ???

Propert men’s names. Was never sure that Tug Wilson wasn’t just a malicious rumour though.

If we had a Bert a Fred and an Alf in this present England squad they could give the cup to us now.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Hmmm interesting.

I wonder if what is classed as an own goal now, wasn't in previous tournaments, i.e. a deflected shot would have been attributed to the player who put in the shot on goal, whereas this time around, it has been chalked to the unfortunate defender who got in the way of it.

Just a thought.

I don't think there has been any change in classification, none of the own goals have been from deflections. Just defending varying between bad and unlucky. Defenders sticking out a foot as a cross comes in etc. A couple of keepers doing a Stockdale vs Norwich and being helpless as the ball hits the post and rebounds off them into the goal and the Newcastle keeper palming one in.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Potter has gone public saying we don't need a striker as he will work with what we have,,,,,,,,,,
I assume this is a windup. I can't believe it's true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here