Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Passport to the pub.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unless this is turned into a law, which it won't, this aint happening. No pub company in the land will adopt this voluntarily.

Utterly ridiculous idea.

Unless of course the pub down the road with their own vaccine policy is absolutely rammed and raking it in and the one with no policy with a handful of regulars is scraping by. Economics might then decide policy.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
44bff3ad757c153d2daeae7ea3bd4569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I won’t be going in any venue if they get this facial recognition thing through, very dangerous one corporation having all of your personal data.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I won’t be going in any venue if they get this facial recognition thing through, very dangerous one corporation having all of your personal data.

Data gleaned from facial recognition is quite limited though; what use is the fact I have a bald head and a slightly big nose to anyone?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
vaccines reduce virus and viral load in people with it, so reduce amount possible to pass on. some vaccines have shown sterilizing immunity, they kill off the virus and it is not passed on at all (Jansen one iirc).

just get vaccinated and it will help us drop restrictions. more people against vaccines and not taking them, the longer restrictions will last.

Yes I agree.
Whilst I have lots of other issues with the ideas of passports,I also think we need to get as much of the population vaccinated as possible and your post is exactly the sort of message the government should be focusing on getting out there to any youngsters that are undecided.
Vaccine passports will have the opposite effect.
If people are given the information to make a choice the the vast majority tend to make the sensible choice.
But if people feel they are being pressured or blackmailed into being jabbed then they are more likely to question it.
The vaccine passports may unintentionally give ammunition to the anti vaxx movement.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Did anyone take you to court because they had to 'sign in' and give contact details when that was introduced or did your pub just not bother?

Completely different as it was the same for everyone, plus it's just one person per party has to give details, not to mention having some sort of track and trace in place is legally required atm.

What happens with my young team? They won't of had a jab yet. Can they even work? I can't have one rule for them and another for guests!

And pregnant women? Am I supposed to be that person who refuses her entry if she gets caught short passing the pub? (This happens a lot).

This really isn't going to be introduced voluntarily by companies.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m assuming your phone doesn’t require facial recognition to access it?
It does not, also my social media which is only Twitter is a made up name no one could find much about me online if any. In fact my mobile contract is not even in my name and I’ve had it for years. Trust no one :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here