Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Passport to the pub.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I'd quite welcome ID cards. As you say, it's pretty standard practice to carry passports for everyday life these days and an ID card would be much simpler.

Really, i have never taken my passport out unless I'm going on holiday.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Landlords don`t have to give a reason for not letting you in , they make the rules . If you are the landlord , wouldn`t you want to keep your regulars safe and happy ? discrimination doesn`t come into it .
Yes - that's what I mean. They should do what they want and will make those who go to the pub happy.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Did drinking under age stop you going into pubs ?

Will be many thousands of hookie vacciantion certificates available if it ever came to it

It was the same with the smoking ban, they said people won't go anymore, eventually they got used to it, moaners will moan. No one is forcing you to do anything you have a choice

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A landlord has the right under law to refuse entry to anyone but can't discriminate, interesting one.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I agree but as i said to [MENTION=35901]usernamed[/MENTION] if everyone in a pub has been vaccinated the chances on passing the virous on are greatly reduced . Anyone in the pub who has not been vaccinated is a threat both to giving and receiving the virus .

Yes that's a good point and I agree that more people being vaccinated should start to limit the seriousness of the virus but the vaccine rollout is a separate issue to needing a passport to visit the pub.
The passport runs the risk of being a kind of VIP pass for some to enjoy social venues whilst others are excluded.
Also in your scenario those in the pub , cinema,etc,who have not been vaccinated may have been unable to have the jab because they are pregnant, diabetic,have cancer or have immunity issues,should they be banned from those be venues?they are certainly not a threat to those in the venue who have been jabbed.
I agree with the vaccine rollout to get a level of community immunity but the passports are purely an opportunistic attempt to bring in ID cards and force, young people in particular, into having a jab that they may not want to have.
The vaccine should be a choice and the government should focus more on educating people about the jab rather than coercing or pressuring them into it.
Also apologies for taking so long to reply,I tried to reply yesterday but my device ran out of battery I think.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yes that's a good point and I agree that more people being vaccinated should start to limit the seriousness of the virus but the vaccine rollout is a separate issue to needing a passport to visit the pub.
The passport runs the risk of being a kind of VIP pass for some to enjoy social venues whilst others are excluded.
Also in your scenario those in the pub , cinema,etc,who have not been vaccinated may have been unable to have the jab because they are pregnant, diabetic,have cancer or have immunity issues,should they be banned from those be venues?they are certainly not a threat to those in the venue who have been jabbed.
I agree with the vaccine rollout to get a level of community immunity but the passports are purely an opportunistic attempt to bring in ID cards and force, young people in particular, into having a jab that they may not want to have.
The vaccine should be a choice and the government should focus more on educating people about the jab rather than coercing or pressuring them into it.
Also apologies for taking so long to reply,I tried to reply yesterday but my device ran out of battery I think.

Would/should anyone pregnant, diabetic, have cancer or immunity issues and haven’t been vaccinated really be going to venues where social distancing and PPE isn’t enforced?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Would/should anyone pregnant, diabetic, have cancer or immunity issues and haven’t been vaccinated really be going to venues where social distancing and PPE isn’t enforced?

Well yes,I guess some would as they would like to go to these venues the same as everyone and whether they should or not is down to them I guess To make a desicion based on what the advice is at the time ,but you raise an interesting question which is would the vaccine passports help in them making their desicion?
By that I mean will they be safer in a pub or cinema full of vaccine passport holders?
If any substantial evidence appears that proves vaccinated people can't pass on the virus then maybe this could be a potential benefit of the passports.
But at this point I still cannot see any benefits for the passports.
The mission brief is" vaccinate the population and we can reopen society" but it seems to be turning into "if you don't have a mobile phone with an electronic vaccinne passport ,your not allowed to be part of society"
I agree with the original mission but I don't agree with what they are trying to turn it into.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Unless this is turned into a law, which it won't, this aint happening. No pub company in the land will adopt this voluntarily.

Utterly ridiculous idea.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Unless this is turned into a law, which it won't, this aint happening. No pub company in the land will adopt this voluntarily.

Utterly ridiculous idea.

Interesting that in the poll on this subject more than 2 to 1 have voted that they would choose the pub that requires proof of vaccination.

Maybe a vaccination policy would increase trade.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Interesting that in the poll on this subject more than 2 to 1 have voted that they would choose the pub that requires proof of vaccination.

Maybe a vaccination policy would increase trade.

No. It will just mean more costs to individual businesses, something we can't afford after the year we've had.

Besides, I'd give it no more than a week before someone brings a discrimination case against a business, something else we couldn't afford to fight at this time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If any substantial evidence appears that proves vaccinated people can't pass on the virus then maybe this could be a potential benefit of the passports.

vaccines reduce virus and viral load in people with it, so reduce amount possible to pass on. some vaccines have shown sterilizing immunity, they kill off the virus and it is not passed on at all (Jansen one iirc).

just get vaccinated and it will help us drop restrictions. more people against vaccines and not taking them, the longer restrictions will last.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No. It will just mean more costs to individual businesses, something we can't afford after the year we've had.

Besides, I'd give it no more than a week before someone brings a discrimination case against a business, something else we couldn't afford to fight at this time.

Did anyone take you to court because they had to 'sign in' and give contact details when that was introduced or did your pub just not bother?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here