Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The guy is rightly a club legend. However at 33 and with only 1 year left on his contract then I feel that £10m is great business for us. He was far from 'shit' at the end of last season but he can't play in a 2 man CM in the EPL, he hasn't got the legs, this is amplified if his partner is WBG. He's a 10 or a 7 but we are now stacked in those positions.

The only moan I've ever had with Gross is I've always felt that his set pieces are a bit of a myth, he's not that good at them IMO, but that is IT, everything else about the guy has been top class.

We would have had 6 great years from Pascal AND we would turn a transfer profit!! I just hope we sell on August 31st so we get to say goodbye properly, ironicaly against ManU!!
Agree with every word of this.

Brilliant player, but it feels like we're moving to athletes rather than technicians in the middle of the park.

This strikes me as one that Sir Alex Ferguson would put in the category of better to let go of a player a year too soon, rather than a year too late.

And yes if we can get £10m ish, then this would represent incredible business. To be fair, I didn't think we'd get half that

Luke the Lucky

NSC Patron
May 1, 2024
1000006053.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

I’m still optimistic that Pascal’s deal won’t be signed off until we have a replacement lined up. Possibly linked to us upping our offer for Ferdi.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Looks nailed on now.

This is not the time for speculation about fees or add on's or the make up of our midfield next season.

This is the time for thanking, and celebrating the contribution of, one of the finest players to ever wear an Albion shirt

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Brighton legend. Fantastic move for him and although it's sad for us I think now isn't such a bad time to lose him and we actually make a profit on him.

He deserves the move
This. Weirdly it might help us if we are changing how we play. I love gross and he has been brilliant for us but his sprinting is comedy. I have said for years that if he could run he would be KDB good.

Good luck to him.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Sad that he won't get a Bruno-esque send off. Deserved it far more than Adam Lallana (who injury permitting will be back at the Amex in November anyway).

And he deserves it because, without question, Pascal is the greatest ever signing in the history of the club. Almost every wonderful memory the club have delivered in the last seven years has involved him, almost always at the heart of it as well.

Statue worthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here