Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No idea but from past experience he seems to get as much wrong as he gets right :shrug:
Like two or three other accounts on X, they just copy-and-paste transfer news from other sources. There's no inside knowledge at all.

These accounts nearly always credit the original source of the story, in this case the German media site SZ.

The original SZ article is here - https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/s...mund-vfb-stuttgart-lux.MWAAM62MVkHfRK478i1sBL

"In addition to Guirassy, Pascal Groß is also to strengthen the squad. The negotiations with the midfielder, who was contractually bound to the English club Brighton & Hove Albion until 2025, who belonged to the DFB line-up at the European Championship like Anton, are reportedly close to completion."

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not confirmed but seems inevitable.
We are not a club to hold a great servant against his will.
Fee will be relatively low (£6-9m reportedly) and nowhere near his value to us but at 33 and just a year left on his contract it is what it is

Are you suggesting that an EPL Club *cough*Palarse*cough* would ever hold their star player *cough*HaHa*cough* to ransom after they handled in a transfer request.?

Oh the insinuation!!!!

Would never happen.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I seem to remember a similar situation with Goldson. Not really similar but he was getting hardly any game time because Dunk and Duffy rarely missed any games. I’m sure we let him go cheap to Rangers because he wanted to play for Stevie Gerrard. Whatever you think of the football across the border he has won silverware and played in Europe. He has had a pretty decent career I think.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I seem to remember a similar situation with Goldson. Not really similar but he was getting hardly any game time because Dunk and Duffy rarely missed any games. I’m sure we let him go cheap to Rangers because he wanted to play for Stevie Gerrard. Whatever you think of the football across the border he has won silverware and played in Europe. He has had a pretty decent career I think.
Ashley Neal could have won trophies in the Monkey Tennis League

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Blast from the past old CG. Didn't realise that he's storming it up in Scotchland. Wasn't that whole heart surgery thing part of his leaving or not getting back in the team?

He's Rangers top earner. Good for him. Always had a soft spot for him for some reason.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blast from the past old CG. Didn't realise that he's storming it up in Scotchland. Wasn't that whole heart surgery thing part of his leaving or not getting back in the team?

He's Rangers top earner. Good for him. Always had a soft spot for him for some reason.

Seemingly less in favour with new(ish) boss Philippe Clement and now looks likely to be on his way out - El Ettifaq and Birmingham City apparently interested.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton

From Shrewsbury Town to Europe not bad.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

According to The Argus Gross is going nowhere at the mo. Not sure how reliable they are & doesn't mean the club who put in an offer won't be back.
They’re saying we have no intention of letting Gross or Undav go!

Here’s hoping! Maybe having a charismatic German manager and a top notch German fitness boffin will help!

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Barbar spoke about Gross in his Talksport interview. It did sound like it was still an ongoing deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here