Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
True. And I don't begrudge Pascal the move, just the language in this article.
Whilst having no inside knowledge at all, I think we can be pretty sure...

1. Pascal Gross won't be doing the dirty behind the club's back
2. The club will have given permission for whatever is going on

Pascal has been a wonderful servant to the club, and I can't imagine Tony Bloom being obstructive in allowing him to make a move to one of the German big boys in the twilight of his career, and will receive a fee we're happy with.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm sure it's no coincidence we signed Wieffer just before this news.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's the reason why you never hear of players rejecting clubs when an offer has been accepted. Club approaches agent to ask if player would be interested. Agent and player then ask if its okay to start discussions with potential buyers. Usually this gets accepted with conditions. The the two clubs start negotiating with each other over transfer while buying club will negotiate whit player and agent over contract details.
That is not true. Sometimes clubs reach an agreement but a player says no.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As sad as it will be to say goodbye, this is the right time for both him and the club.

I looked at his whoscored ratings for last season, which show that his level definitely dropped towards the end of the season.
He may have been saving himself for the Euros, but at 33 his best years are behind him and a shiny new £30m+ replacement will soften the blow.

Danke Kaiser.
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team's whoscored ratings dropped a level towards the end of last season as the wheels came off the de Zerbi bus!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst having no inside knowledge at all, I think we can be pretty sure...

1. Pascal Gross won't be doing the dirty behind the club's back
2. The club will have given permission for whatever is going on

Pascal has been a wonderful servant to the club, and I can't imagine Tony Bloom being obstructive in allowing him to make a move to one of the German big boys in the twilight of his career, and will receive a fee we're happy with.
Yep.

Great move for him, he can’t turn that down and we can’t begrudge him the chance to play for a German giant and Champions League football.

And to be honest, I think it’s good timing for us. He’s 33, he’s going to be declining and we’re making a fresh start this summer with a new coach, new style of play and a number of new players.

Sad as it will be to see him go, I think it’s a good move all round.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ve said since last summer that this season gone was his last. New contract signed to hold value to the club like MacAllister but he wants his child to go to a German school + from a first hand source he took his child out of nursery at the end of May so was clear he was gone. Shame it couldn’t have been wrapped up at the end of the season

@albionalex owes me an apology when this is finalised 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here