Bishops Stortford
Can anyone post a link to the video of the goal
Thanks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When this guy leaves he deserves a statue imo, an absolute legend.
And a couple of seasons ago the newly entitled on NSC were bleating 'get rid'.

Honestly.... <sigh>

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016

Honestly.... <sigh>
To be fair I'd hold my hands up as no doubt referred to him as walking though treacle, but since admitted I was talking shit.
He is legendary, and tbh I'd go as far as saying he trumps all since the Amex era (even dunky), goes about his business so quietly, I think that is perhaps why he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
I'm not an entitled though (just misguided 🤣), been here since the days of Perry between the sticks and Small up top. 😀

Edit I thought North stand chat was like the football vets, so I was a late joiner as soon as I hit what I thought was qualification age. 😉

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This is a slightly long and self indulgent post.

Seeing that Pascal Gross scored a last minute winner for Germany tonight has brought on a wave of grief.

My dad died on 27th May, so just under 2 weeks ago. My first thought on seeing that Pascal Gross scored a last minute winner is that I should text my dad and let him know, and then it hit me that never again can I text or chat to him about Brighton.

For context my dad first started taking me to the Goldstone in the late 80s when I was about 8. My dad and I had season tickets from 1990 until just under a year ago when his health meant we gave them up (ok we didn’t have one the first season at Gillingham but we went to almost every home game and got one for the second season).

We also did a huge number of away games regardless of the division. We went to Hereford together, the march through Mellor, Hartlepool for the only away win of that season, loads during the promotion seasons and up to the pandemic in the Premier League.

Anyway I miss him and I miss talking about Brighton to him.
Nothing self indulgent about that at all. It‘s human. Sorry for your loss but it’s that very sense of loss that shows how special he was.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair I'd hold my hands up as no doubt referred to him as walking though treacle, but since admitted I was talking shit.
He is legendary, and tbh I'd go as far as saying he trumps all since the Amex era (even dunky), goes about his business so quietly, I think that is perhaps why he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
I'm not an entitled though (just misguided 🤣), been here since the days of Perry between the sticks and Small up top. 😀

Edit I thought North stand chat was like the football vets, so I was a late joiner as soon as I hit what I thought was qualification age. 😉
Top post. That's what NSC needs. Humility and humour. The other 'H' (hubris) can far cough :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Honestly.... <sigh>
Unfortunately some people prefer the fast flashy sports car and others appreciate the classics.
We should all be grateful Pascal isn’t the fastest out of the blocks because he would have left the Albion years ago for a Chelsea or a Liverpool.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Playing for Germany, a German coach at home, fans that appreciate you … take a bow Gross and just stay. We need your humble talent.

:gross:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Barber is going to be thinking we can get a few quid for him if we sell this window, especially if he does that sort of thing in the tournament. We really need him next season though, Hinshelwood needs to study him, and Hurzeler needs his intelligence and leadership on the pitch. Play well and come back Pascal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here