Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
By the time the last database with "secondary assists" went off, Pascal was leading that for us as well.
Top scorer, top assister, top assister to the assister.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Not sure what retiring a shirt number achieves. The player’s name no longer appears on the shirt. That should be enough.
Ooh, there's an idea. Let's do the opposite and insist that one player in the team now always has to be called Gross.

If we can't sign somebody with that name, one of the existing players has to change there's. Properly mind, by deed poll.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
By the time the last database with "secondary assists" went off, Pascal was leading that for us as well.
Top scorer, top assister, top assister to the assister.
I don’t need all this data to remind or convince me of how good Gross was for us. There are parts of his play and contribution to our success that I’ll remember for a long time without having to refer to the stats.

I guess it’s a generational thing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ooh, there's an idea. Let's do the opposite and insist that one player in the team now always has to be called Gross.

If we can't sign somebody with that name, one of the existing players has to change there's. Properly mind, by deed poll.
We could hire Christian Gross as our next manager - even throw in a bus pass

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Gutted. Model professional and did so much for us, for a period that will go down in Albion history. They were a big 7 years.

I wish him all the very best.

P.s retiring the shirt is a bit silly… it’s not as if we won trophy after trophy and he was a one club man.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think this is a great idea.

However, my two year term as the NSC FAB Correspondent has ended. The new twelve strong FAB board is about to be announced.

Can I suggest you send these (and any other) ideas to the FAB at FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com

They have a working group on improving the Amex and the atmosphere and this would feed in to that.
Barry, to your knowledge does that email address have people across it year round? Or do they take a summer break?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Barry, to your knowledge does that email address have people across it year round? Or do they take a summer break?
Year round. There's 12 on the new FAB so plenty of people to access and action - compared to the five we had

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like he’s having a leaving do at Rockwater tonight ..

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
And a good effort from Big Dan Burn to shlapp it all the way down. Training could be hard for some tomorrow in this heat!🍻🍹🍾🥂🤢

Last edited:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.

IMG_2492.jpeg

What a guy.
Vielen dank Pascal.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I actually think retiring Groß's shirt number would work, because 13 isn't typically a popular number. Isn't it generally a reserve goalkeeper or don't a lot of clubs just not have one because of the 'superstitious' or 'bad luck' thing?
Don't retire the shirt. It just becomes a legendary number to wear. You have to step into the shoes and excell like Pascal if you want to wear it. It becomes a badge of honour and not given to just any player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here