Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Tickets...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Has anyone successfully appealed against a parking ticket, in Brighton & Hove?

Overslept and didn't move my car in time on Saturday morning...

Unable to get temporary permit as my landlord pays the bills and I have not been issued with a copy of the electoral register. :angry:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i appealed twice successfully, but that was because i was in a works van and was parked on double yellows outside a property i was working in

not much help i know, but you can appeal

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I appealled successfully in Seaford when I parked in a taxi rank to pick up a perscription for my (then) 6 month old baby.

If you have no prior convictions they tend to let you off if you pick a decent enough excuse. I doubt it will work twice though.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
overslept :lolol: , you have as much chance of a successful appeal as me becoming the next James Bond

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
the guy downstairs to me has had three this year already (2007) :lolol: :ohmy:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I was parked overnight on double yellows and saw warden arrive in a van, park on said double yellow and started to write out ticket. I managed to grab my keys, jump in and move it before he'd finished. Think they have to either hand you the ticket or attach to car. He did neither, I appealled and had it quashed.
Don't fancy your chances if "I overslept" is your defence :jester:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To make it clear, I am not going to use overslept as an excuse. :D

I was thinking along the lines of suffering from a 24 hour bug, which rendered me unable to buy any parking vouchers or move the car OR my ticket/voucher was in the vehicle, but fell in from the window.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Barrel of Fun said:
To make it clear, I am not going to use overslept as an excuse. :D

I was thinking along the lines of suffering from a 24 hour bug, which rendered me unable to buy any parking vouchers or move the car OR my ticket/voucher was in the vehicle, but fell in from the window.

they will want to see the voucher then

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Barrel of Fun said:
I will purchase some and photocopy them. It will save me £27 if it works... :angel:

good plan,

i parked in HH last summer during the heatwave and got a ticket out of a machine, must have fallen off the windscreen and i got a tkt, i sent it with a letter to MSDC and they cancelled it

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
surrey jim said:
good plan,

i parked in HH last summer during the heatwave and got a ticket out of a machine, must have fallen off the windscreen and i got a tkt, i sent it with a letter to MSDC and they cancelled it

Ace! Power to the people. :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BOF I dont want to rain on your parade but you really dont have a cat in hells chance...

Good luck tho

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I parked in the multi-storey in Worthing on a Sunday without realising you still had to pay.

Fortunately for me the person parked next to me wasn't so stupid. As they left, on hearing my curses, they handed me their P&D sticker which covered the period the ticket was written out for.

:thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
surrey jim said:
good plan,

That happened to me in Huddersfield. I'd paid for 2 hours parking and got back to the car with 30 mins still to spare. The ticket had fallen into the footwell. I drove straight round to the council offices and showed them the ticket (still with 15 mins left) and a gooey mess at the edge which was supposed to be the adhesive.
The ticket was cancelled straightaway.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Voroshilov said:
Just pay the ticket, stop trying to weasel out of it.

The point is that it is scandalous that there is a 14 month waiting list in my area and I am unable to park it between 9am - 6pm on a Saturday. I am unable to get temporary vouchers as my landlord is in Panama and I am unable to get hold of the voting register. I am happy to pay if they still require me to, but I will offer them a reason as to why I did not have a permit on it. They could have given me some more time - Ticket issued at 9.12am. I got down to the cart at 9.20am. :(

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I wrote off over £100 worth of parking fines when I went bankrupt.

Simple solution

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Barrel of Fun said:
The point is that it is scandalous that there is a 14 month waiting list in my area and I am unable to park it between 9am - 6pm on a Saturday. I am unable to get temporary vouchers as my landlord is in Panama and I am unable to get hold of the voting register.
Unfortunately, these waiting lists in Brighton really are dictated by limiting supply and demand - I waited 18 months for mine, but if they immediately gave them to every person when they applied, there'd be nowhere to park. And my zone isn't even the worst - the West Hill and North Laine ones are.

As for the "guest" vouchers - speak to them, because I'd have thought that 2-3 forms of proof of address might do the job even if your landlord's away. I was down to my last two when the real permit finally turned up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here