Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Tickets...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Residence permits in this town are a JOKE. The Queens Park area one is WELL bent. It covers Monday-Saturday 9am until 8pm.

EIGHT PM.

What the f***?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Man of Harveys said:
Unfortunately, these waiting lists in Brighton really are dictated by limiting supply and demand - I waited 18 months for mine, but if they immediately gave them to every person when they applied, there'd be nowhere to park. And my zone isn't even the worst - the West Hill and North Laine ones are.

As for the "guest" vouchers - speak to them, because I'd have thought that 2-3 forms of proof of address might do the job even if your landlord's away. I was down to my last two when the real permit finally turned up.

Cheers. I am giving up my car at the end of the month, switching to the train for commuting. The car is a bit of a luxury anyway! I understand the need for the permit system, but so far haven't been able to resolve a temporary solution. If I have to pay, then I will pay...Oriental place is usually quite good and there is a bit of leeway, but there were about 5 or six tickets issued in that first 15 minutes...

That is crazy, Chappers. 8pm!? I would have to drive round the block for an hour and a half!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Residence permits in this town are a JOKE. The Queens Park area one is WELL bent. It covers Monday-Saturday 9am until 8pm.

EIGHT PM.

What the f***?
It's a licence for the council to print money.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I've appealed a few times as has the missus and its relatively srtaightforward, as a landlord I usually concoct some cock and bull about being in a situation that I couldnt get back to the car, the swallowed it once and I havent heard about the other.

A good tip is to put the letter on company headed paper (if you can) and mention that you are prepared to go to court as they have to give you one last chance to pay even if they wanted to take you all the way.

You can offset them to tax anyway:clap:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
1- were there road signs present and in clear view, and in good order (maybe an urban myth, but have heard that a damaged / incorectly placed sign may invalidate any ticket issued nearby..)

2- could you prove any incapatition (sp?), so you were unable to move in time..

3- have you named your landlord as the driver? (better start looking for a new flat first, though!)

i dont tihnk people can get away with naming someone who's recently gone overseas as the responsible person..

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
ps- surprisngly never got a ticket while i was doing a delivery job. the nice sign and crap car may have got some sympathy..

i do wonder why two wardens were seen loitering several times in my road during summer, long before the 9am lottery draw, er, i mean pay and display started...

there was were none around here, since winter came along!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely there must be some people out there thinking "just get out of bed on time"?

:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Say that you were taken ill with Gastro Entheritis, you were unable to go out to the vehicle to remove it due to constant vomiting and shits (can't spell diarrraeoha properly)...the person who you were staying with was over the legal limit and you had to wait until his sister came round to call to have the vehicle moved. Might just work, or they may just laugh at you.

D

Deleted User X18H

Barrel of Fun said:
Has anyone successfully appealed against a parking ticket, in Brighton & Hove?

Overslept and didn't move my car in time on Saturday morning...

Unable to get temporary permit as my landlord pays the bills and I have not been issued with a copy of the electoral register. :angry:
are you gay !!!! are you a vegan ??? do you really enjoy cool and trendy ridiclulous envents which cost B&Hove council tax payers a fortne but do not benefit them in any way ??? if no to the above you have no chance.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Somebody told me that a parking ticket is not valid if the warden is not in full uniform, i.e. they must have their hat on when they place the ticket. Thereore if you see them like that take a photo on your phone.

Also handy to know that if they come to tow your car and all the straps are on they still cannot take it. It has to be in the air and until then is still yours.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Always carry a camera when driving, if the yellow lines are broken then you'll win the appeal every time, Always carry a hammer and chisel too, just in case they aren't.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tell them you got drunk after you parked the car and did'nt want to break the law by drink driving to enable you to move it!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
So, did you successfully appeal?

I got one yesterday, my own fault as I didn't move the car in time - but I want to avoid paying it if I can.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
fatboy said:
So, did you successfully appeal?

I got one yesterday, my own fault as I didn't move the car in time - but I want to avoid paying it if I can.

I did appeal saying that I was 'infirm' and unable to get temporary parking vouchers, as my Landlord is larging it in Panama.

That was about two weeks ago and I haven't heard back yet. The signs are good, I would say.

:TouchWood: :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here