Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking for Home matches

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quick note on this. Given the majority of spaces in any of the car parks have been issued as mobile tickets which are presumably going to be scanned, get there early!!! Sussex uni queues at the best of times, if you add individual scanning into the mix it will take bloody ages.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ta….it being quieter and only one stop down the line is why I will give it a go when I can’t get a Bridge ticket….generally working on a match day hence I tend to get there bang on KO

You can park at Lewes station car park for £6.60, get on a train right by the car park and get off at Falmer. Cheaper than the Bridge I believe and considerably shorter distance to walk.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Quick note on this. Given the majority of spaces in any of the car parks have been issued as mobile tickets which are presumably going to be scanned, get there early!!! Sussex uni queues at the best of times, if you add individual scanning into the mix it will take bloody ages.

The Bridge was available as Print at Home for the first two games.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
There was a detailed reply to this question in one of the many parking threads. Maybe even this one as it has been merged. If I remember correctly someone said a planning application is being prepared but has not yet been submitted. Are you really saying that Paul Barber is lying ? I have to say that is a bit unfair. The club are not obliged to provide parking.They are more open and communicative than just about any other, particularly in the PL and yet still people don’t trust them.

No, all I am saying is that it can take a long time to get through the planing application process - especially considering all of the environmental and planning constraints on and around the site. I am just surprised that "in the meanwhile" the Club and landowner has not got a lease drawn up for car park use for short-term use until planning permission is granted or otherwise. I have worked with quite a few landowners about land access contracts and trust me, when there is land, ready for income etc, every individual source of income counts. The longer that car park sits there cordoned off and untouched, there will be more people asking questions.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I know nothing about the legal situation but as an uninformed person looking in I'm guessing that Mr Bennett realises that his land is worth far, far more than any surveyor values it at.

The millions of pounds swirling around Premier League football probably make it easier to buy Harry Kane than that car park and Mr Bennett knows that.
Most land owners are very wealthy and aren't under financial pressure to sell and so can often wait years for whoever wants their land to blink first.

I bet the land has been valued, the owner has then massively inflated the price and told TB to stump up or shut up.

This is going to be a long, long game of poker.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, all I am saying is that it can take a long time to get through the planing application process - especially considering all of the environmental and planning constraints on and around the site. I am just surprised that "in the meanwhile" the Club and landowner has not got a lease drawn up for car park use for short-term use until planning permission is granted or otherwise. I have worked with quite a few landowners about land access contracts and trust me, when there is land, ready for income etc, every individual source of income counts. The longer that car park sits there cordoned off and untouched, there will be more people asking questions.

Clearly you have more knowledge of these types of issues than I do but isn’t it the case in all business transactions that you do not disclose details of ongoing negotiations ? I can understand the frustration on this thread because it is tiresome for me as well but I just can’t for the life of me see why the club should give a running commentary on a commercial transaction. All of this hassle is, after all, to provide us with parking. They could just not bother if they were indeed not bothered.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Clearly you have more knowledge of these types of issues than I do but isn’t it the case in all business transactions that you do not disclose details of ongoing negotiations ? I can understand the frustration on this thread because it is tiresome for me as well but I just can’t for the life of me see why the club should give a running commentary on a commercial transaction. All of this hassle is, after all, to provide us with parking. They could just not bother if they were indeed not bothered.

Agree.

We don't know how much the owner wanted to either extend the lease or a short term arrangement. Perhaps if he was asking for double the price then there would be another thread by the usual suspects complaining that the cost of parking at Bennetts Field has doubled since the last time they used it!!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm sure you're both correct in your cases. However in my case, the 'download to mobile' option had a little down arrow after it and when clicked, it opened the 'print at home option' under it. Easily missed if I hadn't particularly been looking for that option???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm sure you're both correct in your cases. However in my case, the 'download to mobile' option had a little down arrow after it and when clicked, it opened the 'print at home option' under it. Easily missed if I hadn't particularly been looking for that option???
Yeah I thought that too as it is the same drop-down used elsewhere on site. I checked but it wasn't there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any 1901ers with shared season tickets solved how to get the included car parking space for two downloaded onto both phones. The car park pass has downloaded to my co parking mate but not to my wallet. We may not both attend all games so how the feck do I get to park if the parking permit is on his phone?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Any 1901ers with shared season tickets solved how to get the included car parking space for two downloaded onto both phones. The car park pass has downloaded to my co parking mate but not to my wallet. We may not both attend all games so how the feck do I get to park if the parking permit is on his phone?

Borrow his phone? (I’m not being serious)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Park in the space reserved for the club hairdresser as they don't work weekends. It's right next to the stadium and has got a big sign next to it that says 'Barber.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here