Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking fine is it worth appealing ?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Apology accepted.

Still wondering why it is so important to you though. You aren't a private parking fake ticketer in a Supermarket car park are you?!

Or even funnier, a private clamper about to lose his job? No apology offered whatsoever to any private clamper on here, it's always been a criminal 'job' for violent knuckle draggers only - without exception - and the clamping ban on October 1st can't come soon enough!

Important to us?! Campbell would have been proud of that spin! I think it is you who jumps on the reply key the second the word "parking" is typed!

And roll on 1st October! Then I can park on your drive, and see how you like it!:)

And no, I'm nothing to do with the parking industry or council either.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Why pay anything if you don't have to? I've got off 3 tickets already this year. If yellow lines don't have a return at the end then you can ignore them. If lines have a break in them and most of them do, due to wear or roadworks, you can ignore those too.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Why pay anything if you don't have to? I've got off 3 tickets already this year. If yellow lines don't have a return at the end then you can ignore them. If lines have a break in them and most of them do, due to wear or roadworks, you can ignore those too.

A perfect example of the type of person your crusade is benefitting LadySeagull!

On street parking restrictions are generally put in place to ease traffic flows to benefit the masses, but hey, if there's a return missing, look after number 1!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Not a perfect example at all. People don't get off PCNs just because the end is missing from double yellows or there are breaks in the lines. Urban myth.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Not a perfect example at all. People don't get off PCNs just because the end is missing from double yellows or there are breaks in the lines. Urban myth.

A perfect example of a Pepipoo warrior. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Urban myth and all!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apology accepted.

Still wondering why it is so important to you though. You aren't a private parking fake ticketer in a Supermarket car park are you?!

Or even funnier, a private clamper about to lose his job? No apology offered whatsoever to any private clamper on here, it's always been a criminal 'job' for violent knuckle draggers only - without exception - and the clamping ban on October 1st can't come soon enough!

In the grand scheme of things it's not important but it is an example of what is wrong with society at the moment ie people shirking their responsibility and only bothering to think of themselves. Councils are struggling to provide services due to budget cuts and you chancers are not only denying them important revenue by refusing to pay legitimately issued tickets you're also costing them money due to challenging on technicalities or the belief the council is so strapped they cannot afford a defence.

And before you have another guess my job has absolutely no connection to parking whatsoever.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
In the grand scheme of things it's not important but it is an example of what is wrong with society at the moment ie people shirking their responsibility and only bothering to think of themselves. Councils are struggling to provide services due to budget cuts and you chancers are not only denying them important revenue by refusing to pay legitimately issued tickets you're also costing them money due to challenging on technicalities or the belief the council is so strapped they cannot afford a defence.

And before you have another guess my job has absolutely no connection to parking whatsoever.

My beef is merely with the attitude-sod the rest of you and look after No 1, as ultimately its the rest that suffer when parking regulations are ignored.

This parking crusade, were it successful, will ultimately lead to parking anarchy. No rules on street, at stations, airports, shopping centres, football stadia etc. Residents not being able to park outside their own houses. Is that really what the crusaders want?

And if not, what do they suggest is the financially viable right way to enforce parking rules so everyone gets a fair chance to park?

Yes, there are a few legitimate claims, where the ticket is unjust and of course such cases should be adjudicated upon, but the attitude now seems to be, in all instances appeal it whether its legit or not.

I put it in the same category as personal injury claims- the "couldnt give a damn what happens to everyone else's premiums, as long as I get my £5k for made up whiplash" merchants!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I put it in the same category as personal injury claims- the "couldnt give a damn what happens to everyone else's premiums, as long as I get my £5k for made up whiplash" merchants!

Very much this.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
This parking crusade, were it successful, will ultimately lead to parking anarchy. No rules on street, at stations, airports, shopping centres, football stadia etc. Residents not being able to park outside their own houses. Is that really what the crusaders want?

Ha ha! Yes, of course it is!!

Nothing like a slight over-reaction on a thread where someone has asked is it worth appealing a ticket where the signs were very confusing.

I hear the people who brought us Grand Theft Auto are considering this as their next game synopsis.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Ha ha! Yes, of course it is!!

Nothing like a slight over-reaction on a thread where someone has asked is it worth appealing a ticket where the signs were very confusing.

I hear the people who brought us Grand Theft Auto are considering this as their next game synopsis.

Another (albeit very ugly) Campbell spin merchant!

Lets just recap this, and the general advice/tone of all these parking threads....

PCN's-ignore! Local authority tickets-appeal!

Seems to be the advice whether a case or not. End game if no tickets enforceable-parking chaos!

Not an over reaction, merely the crusade end game if the sod you alls win!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
''PCN's - ignore! Local authority tickets - appeal!''

Well obviously ignore fake PCNs, surely we agree on that one? Don't tell me there are still people on here who would actually PAY a private parking 'ticket'? Nope, can't believe anyone is that daft on here...if so, do they send money to phishing emailers too, why not? Otherwise it's 'people shirking their responsibility' is it?

Glad to see it's only chimneys and Herr TubThumper who seem so extreme as to equate appealing an unfair Council ticket with 'parking anarchy' and 'in the same category as personal injury claims- the "couldnt give a damn what happens to everyone else's premiums, as long as I get my £5k for made up whiplash" merchants!'

I cannot even begin to understand that mentality! I am the opposite of what you seem to think, hate the ambulance chasing brigade but seriously, parking appeals are nothing like this.

A question for both of you:

If the Council wrote and said you owed them £100 because you'd paid your Council Tax with a cheque that was 'from Barclays rather than Lloyds' or some such daft reason, would you appeal that decision as clearly it was wrong/unfair/just plain stupid? Or would you just pay because otherwise it's 'people shirking their responsibility' and it would cause cost to the Council for you to dare to query it?

Thinking ''After all it's the Council...and it's on headed notepaper...and it says I must pay them some money...looks official... must be right then!''

I can't even begin to understand that thought process.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
End game if no tickets enforceable-parking chaos!
Not an over reaction, merely the crusade end game if the sod you alls win!

An enormous assumption on your part if you don't mind me saying so.

For the record, I have no qualms against properly issued council tickets. There are rules and regulations (e.g. the Traffic Management Act, and Traffic Regulation Orders pertaining to various highways within a particular council borough. They are there to be followed by both the council and drivers. If a driver transgresses then fair enough, if a council trangresses, then why not appeal? Why do motorists have to abide by the rules but the council don't? Again, if a ticket is properly issued (and most are) then fair enough.

As for private parking tickets, the law is perfectly clear - the landowner is entitled to financial losses suffered as a result of parking 'misdemeanours' (for want of a better word). If that's what they tried to recoup via their 'tickets' then again, fair enough, no complaints from me.

No one is after 'parking chaos' (or whatever you want to call it). If a ticket is issued 'unfairly' then why on earth should a motorist pay it? Its got sod all to do with a desire for people to be able to park wherever the hell they want, that's just a misplaced assumption on your part.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Don't tell me there are still people on here who would actually PAY a private parking 'ticket'?

Yes i would, why not?
If i had parked on someone's private land and not conformed to their instructions/wishes, then the penalty is justified, legal or otherwise. it is the're land for which they have the right to say how it is used. Just because the law say you don't have to pay, morally you should.
You seemed to think you can park for free on someone's else land just because you believe the law is on your side. regardless of who owns the land your parking on.
Can i legally park on your driveway? if i did could you legally fine me or would pepishit get me off it?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Yes i would, why not?
If i had parked on someone's private land and not conformed to their instructions/wishes, then the penalty is justified, legal or otherwise. it is the're land for which they have the right to say how it is used. Just because the law say you don't have to pay, morally you should.
You seemed to think you can park for free on someone's else land just because you believe the law is on your side. regardless of who owns the land your parking on.
Can i legally park on your driveway? if i did could you legally fine me or would pepishit get me off it?

Ah, the old can I park on your driveway argument.

The difference between a Supermarket (or similar) car park and someone's driveway is that the Supermarket is inviting the public to come and park there so they can use the shops, whereas the owner of a driveway isn't. Why on earth you think that parking slightly over a white line in a supermarket car park (for example) justifies a £60 charge, only you know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'A question for both of you:

If the Council wrote and said you owed them £100 because you'd paid your Council Tax with a cheque that was 'from Barclays rather than Lloyds' or some such daft reason, would you appeal that decision as clearly it was wrong/unfair/just plain stupid? Or would you just pay.

This is a really crap analogy.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Go for it, my old man looked right into parking laws, measuring area of bays, distance of sign posts etc. He gets quite a few parking tickets and baffles them with science on appeal. If you can be arsed, there will be a technicality somewhere that will assist your case.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
It's unrealistic, and silly and would not happen.

A typical parking ticket that is seen on pepipoo is issued unfairly because the Council says something is the case when it is not. Such as:

- claiming someone has contravened a traffic order when they have not,
- claiming someone has failed to attach a pay&display ticket when they aren't sticky anyway
- continuing to pursue a ticket if someone's Blue Badge was upside down when their policy says that they should cancel such a ticket if the Blue Badge is later shown
- towing away a car without even bothering to observe if the occupant was loading

That's why I used the analogy I did.

You seem to have got the wrong idea, it is not about people parking wherever they want, far from it. It's about fighting unfair tickets which does sometimes include fighting them based on misleading signs and badly-worded legal Notices, why not expect the Council to get it right seeing as they are paid to do so and have a statutory duty?

Sometimes there's a case on pepipoo where the parking was shocking and the poster is told as much and to pay up.

Here's one recent one of a few like that which did not get help:

PCN Bexlley- Help please, new here - FightBack Forums

The poster was told to pay up so just pretended (too soon) that his appeal had been accepted, which with that sort of parking it would not have been.

People who post on pepipoo are, in the main, not parking anarchists and very often are the ones who point out to newbies why they must not park next to a dropped kerb or a school zigzag or a bus stop.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Go for it, my old man looked right into parking laws, measuring area of bays, distance of sign posts etc. He gets quite a few parking tickets and baffles them with science on appeal. If you can be arsed, there will be a technicality somewhere that will assist your case.

Another one of your followers LadySeagull?! You must be so proud!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here