Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think they're both GORGEOUS :love: :love:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Coach said:
we have to drag our toddler through a busy car park most of the time from the far end.

The parent/child spaces should be at the back of the car park. You're not DISABLED. You're quite capable of pushing/carrying your brat the length of a car park.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Coach said:
Now that half of the parent and toddler spaces have either been taken away at our local supermarket, or changed to disabled spaces (which are always half empty) - we have to drag our toddler through a busy car park most of the time from the far end.

I was a bit disgusted when I saw an older couple ignore the disabled spaces and park in the only toddler space left, so I pulled up and shouted to them
Me : "excuse me, excuse me"
Silly old duffer : "yes?"
Me : "you've forgotten your baby, it's still in the car!"
Silly old duffer : "I dont have a baby"
Me : "then what the bloody hell are you doing parking in MY space?"

Bit embarassing when they tried to apologise over the cabbage stand though. I'd calmed down rather by then! lol! :blush:

Mrs Coach.

I don't know what supermarket that was, but I wrote a very nasty letter to Sainsburys at Badger Farm about the positioning of their disabled, 'family' spaces and such. They invited me for a meeting to discuss where I felt was the most appropriate places for these spaces was and then gave me a £200 voucher for the shop.

The spaces didn't get moved but I believe it's in the pipeline when work is done of the car park early next year.

I don't mind parking wherever if I just have one kid with me, but when I have the baby, the other two and a trolley to mess around with it's a PITA. And yes, I will leave my trolley in a car space if the trolley park is not anywhere near my car and no I won't leave my babies unattended in the car to traipse all the way back to the shop to return the trolley.

Good for you Mrs Coach.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Well done. Trouble is that these spaces are "courtesy" only, unless the supermarket actively tries to police them. Of course, clamping loads of cars in your own car park does not look good for customer relations, so they don't bother.

My dad parked in a multistorey the other day, and a lady in 4x4 came up and knocked on his window. She asked him to move his "little car" because she wanted that space and couldn't get her 4x4 into the only other space that was left. He told her to fcuk off, buy a car that she could actually drive, and stop pretending that she was navigating across Kenya rather than popping to Sainsburys to get the shopping. Stupid cow was left open-mouthed and parking-space-less as she was not competent enough to get her car into a space that you could have got a tank into.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Re: Re: Parking Cheek!

Rangdo said:
The parent/child spaces should be at the back of the car park. You're not DISABLED. You're quite capable of pushing/carrying your brat the length of a car park.

A family man I see. And a whizz with the words too, to be able to label children 'brats'!
Well done you! And congratulations for being born an Adult.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
And Rangdo will be pleased to know I'm too ancient now to be producing any more 'brats'!
Luckily the one's I have are all Junior Seagulls and one is a season ticket holder (lil coach - 7), so maybe he'll be a bit softer on mine!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Parking Cheek!

Coach said:
A family man I see. And a whizz with the words to, to be able to label children 'brats'!
Well done you! And congratulations for being born an Adult.

No, but my parents never owned a car in my childhood so we walked to the supermarket. My mum seemed to manage with the terrible burden that was her children all the way to and from the shops.

Is it that difficult to have to walk the FULL LENGTH of a supermarket car park just because the supermarket puts it's family spaces a FULL 100 METRES (if that but probably a lot less) from the store.

Are you telling me that you never have to take control of your kids at any other time? If not why is it such an issue that the spaces aren't near the store?

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
They should purposefully move the 'Parent and Child' spaces the furthest distance from the shop as possible to discourage the parents bringing their BRATS when doing the shopping!

If I ever go shopping with my parents (both retirement age, and I'm in my 20s), I make sure I park in the Parent & Child spaces...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Cheek!

Coach said:
No, but my parents never owned a car in my childhood so we walked to the supermarket.

Angry repressed childhood memories coming to the surface?!

:down:

What because when I was younger I walked places and used public transport? Yeah, you wouldn't believe how angry I am about that one. Shame more parents don't walk their brats to the supermarket. Would save a hell of a lot of paint for those family spaces and would decrease the number of little fat bastards.

Coach said:
They should purposefully move the 'Parent and Child' spaces the furthest distance from the shop as possible to discourage the parents bringing their BRATS when doing the shopping!

If I ever go shopping with my parents (both retirement age, and I'm in my 20s), I make sure I park in the Parent & Child spaces...

:lolol: We should try and get this into the Seagulls Party manifesto.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Cheek!

Rangdo said:
What because when I was younger I walked places and used public transport? Yeah, you wouldn't believe how angry I am about that one. Shame more parents don't walk their brats to the supermarket. Would save a hell of a lot of paint for those family spaces and would decrease the number of little fat bastards.

I live twenty miles from the supermarket. I am all for my kids exercising but that is a bit excessive!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Why are the children going shopping anyway? Should they not be wedged up a chimney somewhere singing in a faux-cockney accent, or following some Fagin-like character and offering to "pick a pocket or two"? Wasn't like this in my day, I tell you......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here