Parking Cheek!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Parking Cheek!

Starry said:
I don't know what supermarket that was, but I wrote a very nasty letter to Sainsburys at Badger Farm about the positioning of their disabled, 'family' spaces and such. They invited me for a meeting to discuss where I felt was the most appropriate places for these spaces was and then gave me a £200 voucher for the shop.

Badger Farm? In Winchester?

That's bloody miles from Leeds!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Parking Cheek!

Rangdo said:
You're not DISABLED. You're quite capable of pushing/carrying your brat the length of a car park.
Got to agree with that. :clap:
Women have far too much time on their hands, all that daytime TV and shopping, hard life isn't it :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Re: Parking Cheek!

Billy the Fish said:
Got to agree with that. :clap:
Women have far too much time on their hands, all that daytime TV and shopping, hard life isn't it :lolol:

I know you guys are just on a wind up, but why should it only be WOMEN who want to use the Parent / Child spaces.

The reason you want to park as near as possible to the store when you are controlling a trolley and two lively kids, is that a lot of the rest of you drive like f***ing idiots round supermarket car parks. When you are flying round corners at 25 mph desperately trying to get the last space before the guy in the Impreza turbo, are you looking out for 2 foot high people?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
HampshireSeagulls said:
Of course, clamping loads of cars in your own car park does not look good for customer relations, so they don't bother.

You may want to let Blanchardstown Shopping Centre that... Seven cars in a row clamped there today when I was there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could it not be because a number of the disabled are unable to walk the distance from their car to the front door of the supermarket.

The parent and toddler spaces should be further away as the children are either quite capable of walking to the door or there are trolleys provided for the parents to put them into.

The people that annoy me are the parents who put their lovely children in the trolley to stand up where others are going to put food when they have finished with the trolley. Do they check that the child doesn't have dog shit or similar on the soles of their shoes?

I mentioned this at Holmbush Tescos and was told the security men would be put in danger if they told parents not to do it.

Simple answer is for the supermarkets to display a notice like Asda do about wearing shoes socks and tops. The security men then just have to point out the notice and say nothing to do with me just carrying out my orders take it up with the company if you have a problem.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
BensGrandad said:
Could it not be because a number of the disabled are unable to walk the distance from their car to the front door of the supermarket.

The parent and toddler spaces should be further away as the children are either quite capable of walking to the door or there are trolleys provided for the parents to put them into.

The people that annoy me are the parents who put their lovely children in the trolley to stand up where others are going to put food when they have finished with the trolley. Do they check that the child doesn't have dog shit or similar on the soles of their shoes?

I mentioned this at Holmbush Tescos and was told the security men would be put in danger if they told parents not to do it.

Simple answer is for the supermarkets to display a notice like Asda do about wearing shoes socks and tops. The security men then just have to point out the notice and say nothing to do with me just carrying out my orders take it up with the company if you have a problem.

And no doubt you'd be the first to complain when my child trips you up or bumps into you if he wasn't in the trolley. Considering the supermarkets sell a huge range of goods that you wouldn't want to place you food near let alone on I think a child bringing in outside dirt is the least of your worries. Bleach, engine oil, white spirit to name but a few !!!

I'm don't actually care where the P&T spaces are in the car park just as long as the tossers that think it's a race track are stopped and the spaces are actually big enough to open the car door fully so I can get my child in and out without giving myself a hernia.

And if you don't like people taking their kids shopping - USE THE f***ing INTERNET !!!!!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
MYOB said:
You may want to let Blanchardstown Shopping Centre that... Seven cars in a row clamped there today when I was there.

Bout time they started doing that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here