Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at the Amex........ or close by?!!

Seem to have missed these Shuttle Bus Details. Where can I find them?
Here:-

Football Buses to the Amex Stadium

"In addition there is a shuttle service from Rottingdean, route R, with buses every 10-15 minutes between 12.25pm and 2.10pm linking Rottingdean and the Stadium via Woodingdean. These journeys will provide convenient links for people living in Newhaven, Peacehaven and Saltdean who can catch a 12/12A or 14/14C to Rottingdean and buses depart from the bus stop for buses to Brighton (on the south side of the road) to avoid you having to cross the road."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that the same Lewes District Council that is now controlled by the Conservatives?

I thought they lost their majority after two Tories were suspended, one for being convicted of drink driving and another for assaulting a police officer?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
For night matches I will park at Coldean and walk.
For Saturday games lunchtime drinking in Brighton, around the station area, then the train to Falmer. How we will all fit on the tiny platform is a mystery.
Guess more parking will be made available as the seasons go by.
I know some folk who are paying nearby farmers to use their field- £250 a year.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Taxi drop off points will be announced in due course. They won't need much room though as they won't be able to park there.

I thought they lost their majority after two Tories were suspended, one for being convicted of drink driving and another for assaulting a police officer?
Nope. I think the two councillors might have had their membership of the Conservative Party suspended, but they remain councillors. The Tories have certainly formed an administration. Councillor Tony Nicholson (Conservative, Seaford East) is the new Leader of the Council.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The amount of people looking to park ' nearby' just shows how the club must get the Park and Ride schemes running smoothly.

Coming from Eastbourne I spent the first two Withdean seasons using the Mithras House P&R. It was fine going to the game but I soon got tired of the queues afterwards. In the end I parked up one of the side roads off Carden Avenue which was ideal with only a 10 minute stroll.

A P&R site on the Lewes side to the East would be ideal but that's not going to happen. My other issue is that I don't live in Eastbourne within walking distance of a station otherwise the train would be obvious choice. As it stands I may try driving to Polegate and then catching the train. Alternatively, like most people on this thread I will be on the hunt for somewhere to park within reasonable walking distance.

I fear it may take a couple of seasons for all the travel kinks to be worked out.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Those looking to local businesses for parking may be disappointed.
Myself and 16 others reserved and paid for secure parking at the Farm Shop at Village Way x roads, months ago. I luckily heard about it from another fan and immediately made my move.
Not sure if getting away will be a problem but think the traffic lights there will help us get away.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Those looking to local businesses for parking may be disappointed.
Myself and 16 others reserved and paid for secure parking at the Farm Shop at Village Way x roads, months ago. I luckily heard about it from another fan and immediately made my move.
Not sure if getting away will be a problem but think the traffic lights there will help us get away.

Is this the same Farm Shop was quite vocal in its opposition to the stadium? Money talks then!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
This thread is getting us nowhere. We need a single webpage showing all the available ways to get to The Amex for Park & Ride + walking & cyling so people can start to plan.

Maybe this is why Bozza is trying to get a WIKI page going ....ideal for this sort of thing..............

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Here:-

Football Buses to the Amex Stadium

"In addition there is a shuttle service from Rottingdean, route R, with buses every 10-15 minutes between 12.25pm and 2.10pm linking Rottingdean and the Stadium via Woodingdean. These journeys will provide convenient links for people living in Newhaven, Peacehaven and Saltdean who can catch a 12/12A or 14/14C to Rottingdean and buses depart from the bus stop for buses to Brighton (on the south side of the road) to avoid you having to cross the road."
This is not right though is it?

Brighton & Hove Buses is pleased to be providing a network of bus routes serving the Amex Stadium on match days, and your match ticket gives you free travel on all these buses.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This thread is getting us nowhere. We need a single webpage showing all the available ways to get to The Amex for Park & Ride + walking & cyling so people can start to plan.

With only 9 weeks to kick off the club should be able to give us SOME information to help us plan but so far its all guess work

With only 9 weeks to kick off the club should be able to give us SOME information to help us plan but so far its all guess work

It's actually 41 days to the first game (July 16) where the Club would like 10,000 to attend in order validate it as a ramp-up event and progress to the next certification stage for the stadium.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Maybe there will be, as soon as the club pull their fingers out getting THIS online

This is not right though is it?

Brighton & Hove Buses is pleased to be providing a network of bus routes serving the Amex Stadium on match days, and your match ticket gives you free travel on all these buses.
I don't believe it is right.

Another reason for an official announcement to be made - even the transport operators don't appear to know what's going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here