Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe a touch of over-excitement there as Beth Tweddle would've put him 3rd or 4th.

Still, it's another medal to add to the tally. :)

It was good that the lad himself gave an explanation of why he got marked as he did. I would never have realised the huge knee bend landing of his second somersault meant loads of points were deducted, even though he landed it and didn't sit down.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What I do know is that horses don't naturally do what you witnessed (like they naturally want to run a bit), and that Charlotte was whipping a horse a lot to make it do those weird things.

There's just no way that she decided to whip the horse for shits and giggles, if it had not already been proven that hitting the horse was a good way to make it do what you want.

The sport should be banned.
Well, it's such a pointless sport anyway, and if they are striking the poor beasts in the process then I'm with you 👍

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
…trot on, do a little delighted jig, start walking backwards, then wander of again. Apparently the judges were most impressed.
Back in my drinking days, this sounds like an event I’d have medalled in. And I wouldn’t have even needed a horse.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It was good that the lad himself gave an explanation of why he got marked as he did. I would never have realised the huge knee bend landing of his second somersault meant loads of points were deducted, even though he landed it and didn't sit down.
Yes, that was a helpful insight.

I didn't think it particularly mattered how low he went if he didn't hop forward or step backwards in absorbing the contact.

Just goes to show how technical some of these sports are, and how much the average layman like me has to learn about them. :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Fantastic bike road race boiling up here, 32km to go around the packed Parisian streets. Greet scenes.
After watching more Biles brilliance in the vault, I'm going to be all over this like a road rash.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Puncture with 3.8km to go! Gripping stuff! 😲

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When does the tug of war start ?
We’ve won it at least twice.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Best atmosphere at an Olympics ever?? The BBC swimming commentators are agog at how sensational atmosphere is.

France absolutely knocking it out of the park,we catch up and they surge away again.
It's a long standing tradition that at the closing ceremony of the games the head of the IOC declares " The ( fill in as appropriate ) Games are the best Games ever ". I just think the Beeb have gone early due to previous form .

Additionally, I think I have already filled in all my Olympic Bingo cards ..." Marvellous ", " Incredible" and " Unbelieveable " have all been worn out already.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not our sort of thing running, when does the Freestyle Brick Throwing begin ? That's us.

To be honest I think we'd go in with high hopes, and then find we're completely outclassed by some countries who've had decades more practice.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Milak of Hungary wins gold in the 100m butterfly, and doesn't even crack a smile.

I think I'd be quite pleased in his position.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Milak of Hungary wins gold in the 100m butterfly, and doesn't even crack a smile.

I think I'd be quite pleased in his position.

Shame he pipped Liendo to the line, I don't remember ever seeing a black athlete win gold in swimming (not doubt I've missed loads).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here