Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Done a lot better than I expected. But then again I thought he retired five years ago.
Had a shit load of very serious injuries requiring surgery. I think I walk better than him now and I’m considerably older :smile:

Retirement coming up now :down:

This is quite sad to watch, absolute mullering

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Had a shit load of very serious injuries requiring surgery. I think I walk better than him now and I’m considerably older :smile:

Retirement coming up now :down:
Yeah he looks like he's one ankle strain from being eligble for the Paralympics

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thank you, Andy.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Regrettably I do actually agree with some that the BBC coverage hasn’t been great this year. It seems they spend an interminable amount of time in the (really nice) studio and not enough time actually covering the events.

Auntie normally delivers with these big events, the BBC are the safest pair of hands possible and usually superb, but I don’t know if it’s a budget thing or what, it just feels very thin in content.
BBC coverage is 20% Olympics & 80% discussion.

And as for showing the shooting. Why? We couldn't even see the clays!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leon Marchand! The super human is here again

:clap:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Leon Marchand show.

Absolutely incredible

:ohmy:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ole! Ole! Ole!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Andy Murray loves tennis. Most players with his medical record would have quit at least two years ago. Fair play, we knew he was a good tennis player but his grit and determination are second to none.

Thank you Andy for all the great memories and for putting Britain back on the tennis map.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Don't really get the criticism of the BBC here. If you want to "choose" what events you particularly want to watch (there's many events on apparently!) you have to pay for Discovery+ and Eurosport. The BBC hasn't the budget and the Olympics isn't protected like the WC. I've been quite happy flicking between the two live streams on iplayer. Accept that or pay up.
No the bbc should pay up , and give us decent coverage, it hardly shows any live sport nowadays,
if it does not want to pay let ITV OR CHANNEL 4 take over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here