Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Personally thought the GB guy was better than the Argentine but the French guy was better than him.
Reilly upped his difficulty level from the first run, nailed everything, and barely got a better score. He was sure he'd won

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I used to shoot clays but I don't think it transfers well to TV as everything travels too fast.
Thank goodness for the pink fluoro though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I used to shoot clays but I don't think it transfers well to TV as everything travels too fast.
A bloke luzzing a fluffy toy filled with strawberry jelly for a target would make far better viewing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The camera work could be better

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Remember that racist French song that the Argies blasted out after winning the Copa America?
Friday evening, 8pm, France play Argentina in the Olympic Quarter Final.
Crash helmets, shields and full armour required.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure it's possible but would be fabulous to beat the French in their own backyard. Currently level on gold medals.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Donald Trump is enjoying watching the Olympics , in particular the shooting and diving.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Katie Boulter currently playing tennis if any of our resident Katie Boulter fans are in need of a fix

(Same with Heather Watson too, obvs)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Literally on the timing of the last stroke
That was stunning. The ’move‘ in the last 150m was seriously good. To be that deep into a race and then take half a length out a boat that was going extremely well for all of the race was impressive.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They will get another couple in the swimming this evening.

Seems doubtful.
But haven’t we got a load of potential golds coming in the rowing towards the end of the week?

Also, when does the velodrome start? Or are we not quite as dominant as we have been in previous Olympics?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When is Wilf Zaha entering the diving pool. Could be a very successful second career with little to no training.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
But haven’t we got a load of potential golds coming in the rowing towards the end of the week?

Also, when does the velodrome start? Or are we not quite as dominant as we have been in previous Olympics?

No idea to be fair re. the rowing, although I think our best days in the velodrome are well behind us.

A Brit just dumped a frenchie out of the Archery.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A rare sad news story. The greatest of all time Marta sent off in her last Olympics. As Marta said of herself "it's not just about Marta", but it does take the gloss of the football and to an extent the Olympics as a whole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here