NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Get in

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The world champ crashes in the time trial. Cobbles on a corner! Brit (Henderson) could get a medal here
I don’t know how she avoided crashing in those treacherous conditions but that ability and judgement absolutely got her the silver. Brilliant ride!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
My hill I will die on is that handball would be massive over here if given a chance and some money behind it
I just watched a bit of the Norway v Argentina game. I played it a couple of times in PE lessons at school, and to be honest it still just strikes me as a pointless combination several other sports that I find significantly more interesting.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
TV cameras miss the 2nd French try. :lolol:

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
My hill I will die on is that handball would be massive over here if given a chance and some money behind it
Do you have some sort of series system or a national team? I don’ t think I’ve ever seen GB in an handball tournament. I think, as you say, it has potential to be huge.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Do you have some sort of series system or a national team? I don’ t think I’ve ever seen GB in an handball tournament. I think, as you say, it has potential to be huge.
I think we put up a team in 2012 (as we tried to in basically every sport) using players who play overseas, there is no domestic structure at all that I’m aware of

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Watching the Ukraine v Morocco game and the Moroccan fans are getting on my nerves with the constant whistling whenever Ukraine have the ball. Also sounds like someone has a referee-type whistle, probably hoping that the constant tooting of it will eventually trick Ukrainian players to think the ref has blown up.

The Paraguay game is in an hour - will Enciso feature?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Poor Tarling. Puncture and had to change bike
At least it only cost him a bronze as the top two were much further away, he’ll be back I expect

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
For those who might be interested in watching (it's on Eurosport 5; I'm on Virgin Media and it seems to be a free addition) Enciso is in Paraguay's starting 11, along with a certain Diego Gomez...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A senior official with the Dutch Olympic committee has insisted that a convicted child rapist in its beach volleyball team is not a paedophile, in an email seen by the Guardian.

A concerned British man who has lived in the Netherlands for more than a decade, wrote to the Dutch Olympic committee and called the inclusion of Steven van de Velde in the team “a stain on the Dutch national side”. In a reply the Dutch Olympic committee spokesperson wrote: “Steven is NOT a peadophile [sic]; you really don’t think that de Dutch NOC would send someone to Paris who IS a real risk? No, he isn’t a risk.”

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
For those who might be interested in watching (it's on Eurosport 5; I'm on Virgin Media and it seems to be a free addition) Enciso is in Paraguay's starting 11, along with a certain Diego Gomez...
No Enciso... but Encisco is playing, according to the commentary. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here