Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You said she was a shit Canadian while she was involved in one of the best parts of the ceremony.

I said they relied on her. Her bit was better than the rest and I think it's a shame they had to rely on a foreign singer (one whose music I'm not a fan of).

You often do this. Say something odd, then when pulled up for it you insist everyone else has got it wrong. Embarrassing.

I'm not insisting anything :shrug: Christ, it was light heated comment on a random thread.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
So we should have filled our opening ceremony with people from America, Canada, Australia etc? Celine is famous because she sings in English. IMO it would have been better if they'd had French people doing it all.
Celine Dion is very famous for singing in English.... In English speaking countries.

She is also very famous for singing in French, but unsurprisingly we don't hear that in the UK.

She has LOADS of songs released in French, including versions of her hits and numerous albums entirely in French.

I'm guessing she might be the biggest french language selling artist of all time? Edit - confirmed, she is.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Celine Dion is very famous for singing in English.... In English speaking countries.

She is also very famous for singing in French, but unsurprisingly we don't hear that in the UK.

She has LOADS of songs released in French, including versions of her hits and numerous albums entirely in French.

I'm guessing she might be the biggest french language selling artist of all time? Edit - confirmed, she is.

Fair enough

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Crazy stuff with the mechanic trying to stop, skidding and falling off before passing the bike over to the American rider.

Thrills and spills galore.

North of Robertsbridge

Sep 22, 2023
East Sussex
Watching the time trails with interest. They go close to (a block away from) where I had a flat in Charenton le Pont, so riding the same roads through the Bois de Vincennes

Surely with F1 and cycling having the same traction problems someone can invent a paint for white lines that isn’t like riding on grease? Also time they banned major cycle races from any roads that have traffic-calming measures, they led to a series of accidents at this year’s Tour

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just watched a fantastic volleyball match between Italy and Brazil, love getting into random sports at the games

Jul 20, 2003
Cracking men's Handball game on at the moment (I think). Japan established a decent surprise lead against heavily favoured Croatia who have just sneaked ahead 25-24 with less than 10 mins to go.

edit, Japan equalise

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Looking forward to see the Swedish 18-year old women's Judo semi finalist. Don't think I've ever watched Judo before so that'll be a first.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The TV coverage of this road cycling has been pretty ropey, if the French can’t do road cycling properly they should let someone else do it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Watching the time trails with interest. They go close to (a block away from) where I had a flat in Charenton le Pont, so riding the same roads through the Bois de Vincennes

Surely with F1 and cycling having the same traction problems someone can invent a paint for white lines that isn’t like riding on grease? Also time they banned major cycle races from any roads that have traffic-calming measures, they led to a series of accidents at this year’s Tour
As the commentators pointed out, the contact between the bike and the road at any one point is just 6cm. The road was freshly painted too so even less friction.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Cracking men's Handball game on at the moment (I think). Japan established a decent surprise lead against heavily favoured Croatia who have just sneaked ahead 25-24 with less than 10 mins to go.

edit, Japan equalise
My hill I will die on is that handball would be massive over here if given a chance and some money behind it

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Henderson silver for Britain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here