Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
OK I've missed something. What's the Gold person meant to represent? Is it a phoenix?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I was expecting a Daft Punk reunion and an impromptu Guetta concert tonight. Instead we've got a piano playing and a load of blokes dressed up like Morph.

papachris

Funnily enough, about 5 years back I did an " Introduction to archery " day out in the Ashdown Forest with Mrs V ...never used a bow before. The guy teaching was brilliant, lots of information on archery, tips and history.....we ended up shooting 25/30 yards at rubber animal targets....I hit every one 👍
My Mrs was actually very good at archery when she was young. She represented Estonia and was travelling to the other bits of the then SSR, Kazakhstan for instance to compete. Much later on, now a middle aged woman, we were on holiday at an all inclusive in menorca. One of the activities was archery. I think the instructor was surprised that this woman in the red bikini was better than him 😀

North of Robertsbridge

Sep 22, 2023
East Sussex
He’s quite literally inseine (in the Seine)
You guessed what happens next

Seine2.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A space travellor.
I was expecting Daft punks parents . . . . Space . . . . With a modern rendition of 'Magic Fly' . . . . And when it took off . . . The pianist in the air, would have been err, well . . . .Air . . .. Talisman perhaps, then kelly watch the stars just as the incendiaries kick off. .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now a homage to Los Angeles, where presumably a bunch of ostentatious cars will be wheeled in, their engines started and they just sit there not moving but belching dry ice into the sky until nobody in the stadium can see who's sitting next to them. Then when it clears, Tom Cruise appears and makes a Scientology speech.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Now a homage to Los Angeles, where presumably a bunch of ostentatious cars will be wheeled in, their engines started and they just sit there not moving but belching dry ice into the sky until nobody in the stadium can see who's sitting next to them. Then when it clears, Tom Cruise appears and makes a Scientology speech.
Flat earth . . .you forgot flat earth!

TBF Candy-fornica and LA is probably the best/least worst part of the US

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Weird, just weired...the blonde is hot though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Gawd, where's the party!?
It's a bit like the London Olympics. The opening ceremony, the music, James Bond and The Queen together, Sir Paul McCartney - if you were British it was one of the greatest things you'd ever seen on television. The closing ceremony though - a total damp squib, but all it needed, as 'Heroes' got played after every medal ceremony GB got a gold during the games was the man himself - the late David Bowie - to sing 'Heroes' yet he was never asked and he wasn't there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Now we have Assasins Creed on lead guitar !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here