Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parents - If You're Thinking of Sending Your Child to Varndean School....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
....I would seriously think again. Rarely have I encountered such all-pervasive and mind-numbing incompetence. If I had my time again, not in a million years would I have sent my child to that school - Stringer or Patcham all the way.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What is it about the place?

I listened to someone else go on about Varndean last week. They made it sound like a Dotheboys Hall without the beatings and brimstone. When I was there it had a sterling reputation, why do people knock it now?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I believe they also turn a blind eye to that most heinous of school crimes - bullying.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
....I would seriously think again. Rarely have I encountered such all-pervasive and mind-numbing incompetence. If I had my time again, not in a million years would I have sent my child to that school - Stringer or Patcham all the way.

Patcham is anything but 'the way'. Go to Newman.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Its all about Stringer, fantastic facilities especially the Sports Hall and Gym. Loved my time there. Newman's full of middle class Christian Hove kids..:p

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Newman's not the way, It was so dull, would much rather of gone to Blatch. all the Dirty girls went to Blatch.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Patcham is anything but 'the way'. Go to Newman.

Far from it, Patcham's results/general performance has improved significantly, partly due to the shifting catchment area. Newman on the other hand, like Varndean, is going the other way.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I thought the dirty girls were at Portslade Community College, or PACA now..

No they are they were the skanky chavs. Blatch useally had fit girls with big boobs. win. I remember turning up to a part once and two blatch girls were getting off with eachover WIN. at 14 this was the best thing I had ever witnessed.

Back to the point has the closing of Stanley Deason (sp) had an impact on Varndean?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Newman's slipping too it seemed as I was leaving college there. (2 years ago).

I'm at college there now and yeah it is slipping. It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment but Newman was still good as I went to school there as well.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Newman's not the way, It was so dull, would much rather of gone to Blatch. all the Dirty girls went to Blatch.

For school it was good, hardly dull. Although all the fit girls were in the years below and above me. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here