Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parents house burgled in Haywards Heath yesterday

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
If you live in HH or surrounding area try to be extra vigilant.

My folks place was burgled during the day yesterday. Thieves only took what they could carry away in a rucksack. Ransacked bedrooms and stole all jewellery and any cash.
Police said a house in Lindfield was hit on the same day with exact same M.O.

Broke in by smashing downstairs patio door in broad daylight.

Keep safe people.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Absolute arseholes. Cut off their hands I say. Hope they catch the bastards.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Sussex police have probably sent officers to London to assist in the dastardly case of the Minister who maybe called a policeman a pleb, so no doubt they are short of resources to try and catch these particular bastards.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The Sussex police have probably sent officers to London to assist in the dastardly case of the Minister who maybe called a policeman a pleb, so no doubt they are short of resources to try and catch these particular bastards.

You jest but it is probably nearer the truth than we think

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Sorry to hear that mate, it is a horrible feeling.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

Well we all needs to prioritise don't we.

Plus there are probably a lot of youths hanging around 7-11 (or whatever it's now called) that need dealing with.

In all seriousness the police have been good and sending SOCA officers round to do forensics today.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

I can not believe the Hysteria around that 'case', what has this country come to when calling a policeman a pleb is front page news!
Sorry for the the op parents house that was burgled, its one of the most intrusive crimes there is, one of the reasons why i have a big dog....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a lot of it about.
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] was done in a similar fashion up this way recently.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I expect the police will know exactly who did it as well but its a nightmare to convict, I hope nothing of sentimental value was taken

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My parents house in Lindfield was burgled a couple of years ago. The thieves broke into the shed to get tools to break into the house. police said at the time that it was common so they don't need to take tools with them.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
My parents house in Lindfield was burgled a couple of years ago. The thieves broke into the shed to get tools to break into the house. police said at the time that it was common so they don't need to take tools with them.

Turned up at ours with an axe, kind of negated the need to break in to the shed :-( but yes, people should be careful to secure their sheds....

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I expect the police will know exactly who did it as well but its a nightmare to convict, I hope nothing of sentimental value was taken

Sadly it was only sentimental stuff that was taken.

My folks have bought jewelry together from their travels over the years, and Mum had jewellery that she had inherited from relatives and intended on passing down the family line. All gone now.

Very sad and my Mum very shaken up. At least nobody hurt tho.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Exact same thing happened to my parents a year or so ago in Lancing, smashed the sliding patio door in broad daylight, done the bedrooms for jewellery etc and left all the big stuff. They were never caught, fuckers.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can not believe the Hysteria around that 'case', what has this country come to when calling a policeman a pleb is front page news!
Sorry for the the op parents house that was burgled, its one of the most intrusive crimes there is, one of the reasons why i have a big dog....

A mate I mine got arrested for calling a police horse a twat once.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
My Nan and Granddad were burgled a few years back whilst on Holiday. My Granddad (daft old sod) had been telling everyone in the chip shop that he was away for two weeks!

The burglars looked like they were in the house ALL DAY! They wrapped dinner sets and jewellery in newspaper and didn't even leave a mess. Just loaded up a van full of 80 years of memories.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania

you're probably right , my neighbours up here got burgled two years ago. The police said they were sure they knew who did it but couldn't prove it .

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
My Nan and Granddad were burgled a few years back whilst on Holiday. My Granddad (daft old sod) had been telling everyone in the chip shop that he was away for two weeks!

It's odd what being burgled does to your psyche, I'm now very very careful when talking about being 'away for the weekend' or anything like that. Even worry about telling friends.. Sad really.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sorry to hear that mate some people have no morals whatsoever .
Pathetic and just wrong !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here