Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parents house burgled in Haywards Heath yesterday

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Horrible to happen at anytime but just before Christmas is awful. I think it's so important to have neighbours you get on with and are vigilant. If I heard burglars breaking in I'd get my baseball bat out and knock the fuckers out; that's what they deserve.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Horrible to happen at anytime but just before Christmas is awful. I think it's so important to have neighbours you get on with and are vigilant. If I heard burglars breaking in I'd get my baseball bat out and knock the fuckers out; that's what they deserve.

Luckily my folks were out as the are not really in much of a position to defend themselves.

Dad says it's only stuff and just glad all are safe. Must be hugely traumatic for them tho, especially Mum.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Luckily my folks were out as the are not really in much of a position to defend themselves.

Dad says it's only stuff and just glad all are safe. Must be hugely traumatic for them tho, especially Mum.

They're more likely to target older people to trick them at the door or know the victims can't defend themselves if confronted. Absolute cowards.

Hope your parents are alright, 00snook.

BTW I live near the train station in Haywards Heath. Was it near there or other end of town? PM me if you don't want to put it on the board.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I live in the Heath too, some old dear just along from me was the victim of a confidence trickster a couple of weeks back. Usual story take money, promise to come back and do some work and vanish. Lot's of it around it would appear.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
My sister's neighbours had their patio door smashed through by burglars.she was in and heard the bang it made and so did the neighbours the other side.they both phoned the police and they got the fuckers,helicopter and all came out.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
They're more likely to target older people to trick them at the door or know the victims can't defend themselves if confronted. Absolute cowards.

Hope your parents are alright, 00snook.

BTW I live near the train station in Haywards Heath. Was it near there or other end of town? PM me if you don't want to put it on the board.

End of town going towards Ditching.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At least Sussex Police got one thing right yesterday as they had a motor bike officer on duty most of the day in Sussex Way Burgess Hill with a radar gun getting speeding motorists so they got their priorities right again.

Talking of break ins we only ever had one in our time in pubs and that was in Midhuirst where the burglars broke in by levering the door frame out of the wall of some stable doors and swinging them up to crawl under. The police said it was a gang from Portsmouth with a white transit but they couldn't get sufficient proof to nick them. They emptied the fruit machines juke box etc plus the £10 I always left in the open till draw so as to stop them breaking the till open.for nothing.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
A mate of mine had a £3000.00 mountain bike and a KTM off-roader stolen from his garage whilst he was at work. The police thought that the theives had probably seen him on one or both of the bikes as he returned home and then knew that they were there. My friend has since put up a couple of cameras because, as is often the case, he feels that as he has replaced one of the two bikes that it could possibly happen again. Turns out that he has been told that it may not be able to be used as evidence if it should happen again because, apparently, the cameras are not "sanctioned" or some similar terminologyby the police. Surely this can't be the case, I would have thought that any help would be made welcome?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Scum like these should be beaten into oblivion, arms, legs, ribs broken but kept alive, unless the property owner wishes to finish them off whilst on his property. They will have my full support, every time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At my pub in Guildford we had a flat roof which gave easy access to the flat especially if we were downstairs in the bar. I wanted to break some bottles along the edge to stop people climbing up onto it but Surrey Police told me if a burglar cut himself climbing onto out flat roof, for which he had no lawful need to be there I would be prosecuted for causing his cuts.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Our house got burgled six times in about 8 months when I lived in Birkenhead.

Heroin was the primary factor up there. In sleepy Haywards Heath more likely just greedy twats or pikeys.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
A mate of mine had a £3000.00 mountain bike and a KTM off-roader stolen from his garage whilst he was at work. The police thought that the theives had probably seen him on one or both of the bikes as he returned home and then knew that they were there. My friend has since put up a couple of cameras because, as is often the case, he feels that as he has replaced one of the two bikes that it could possibly happen again. Turns out that he has been told that it may not be able to be used as evidence if it should happen again because, apparently, the cameras are not "sanctioned" or some similar terminologyby the police. Surely this can't be the case, I would have thought that any help would be made welcome?

It's not the case, I put in cameras after I'd thwarted a burglary, they came back 3 months later, were slightly more successful but their mugs were all over the video and are now enjoying many years getting bummed by mr big....

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
We put anti burgler paint on top of gates and walls and a surface on the tiles which would bring down any burgler head first. To conquer legal difficulties a warning notice was posted on the gate and all walls.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If you live in HH or surrounding area try to be extra vigilant.

My folks place was burgled during the day yesterday. Thieves only took what they could carry away in a rucksack. Ransacked bedrooms and stole all jewellery and any cash.
Police said a house in Lindfield was hit on the same day with exact same M.O.

Broke in by smashing downstairs patio door in broad daylight.

Keep safe people.

Ever tried fitting an burglar alarm? The scum forced my back doors open and the wankers were on their toes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
At my pub in Guildford we had a flat roof which gave easy access to the flat especially if we were downstairs in the bar. I wanted to break some bottles along the edge to stop people climbing up onto it but Surrey Police told me if a burglar cut himself climbing onto out flat roof, for which he had no lawful need to be there I would be prosecuted for causing his cuts.

Non drying paint is the way forward, horrible stuff, paint the roof with it, slather it on thick, covers the bastards from head to to. Very good deterrant.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey Police told me if a burglar cut himself climbing onto out flat roof, for which he had no lawful need to be there I would be prosecuted for causing his cuts.

Did that actually happen or is it like the occasion when you weren't speeding but got given a ticket?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No I was warned of what would happen if I put the glass up on the roof so I didnt bother and took their advice. As regards the speeding I haven't heard anything so presume I must have been under the limit as it is now over 14 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here