Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew full of sh*t

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great shout as he got onto their coach

"Will you ever manage a side that beats us Alan""

Brilliant!!! I can see those words haunting him, ringing around in his head, on that long journey back. Whoever shouted that, bloody well done.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes, exactly the same assessment I posted on here (that unfortunately back fired)

They must have all been watching a different game.

We matched them.

D

Deleted member 18477

pardew and his players were a joke when they got off the coach today. poor little brighton kids with their autograph books shouting every players first name as they got off, the players didnt even look at the brighton fans. what does it really take to say hello and maybe scribble something on some paper!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
pardew and his players were a joke when they got off the coach today. poor little brighton kids with their autograph books shouting every players first name as they got off, the players didnt even look at the brighton fans. what does it really take to say hello and maybe scribble something on some paper!
they seemed to carry that arrogance onto the pitch ...and got what they deserved ..f*** all

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Pardew is an arrogant cock & like the leopard will never change his spots.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Pardew's slapped arse of a face in the post-match interview was priceless.

One of the three highlights of the game for me, the other two being the goal (obviously) and a pre-match cameo from this chap:

_40440195_dustybin2032.jpg

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I have to say that Pardew always seems to watch football matches through faeces tinted spectacles. He never ever comes accross well in interviews. He is the second most ungracious manager in the prem. I get the distinct impression he is not a very pleasent person, but that's probably how he has got to where he is.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
"But our overriding emotion is one of disappointment. On another day we could have got a draw or nicked a win"

He doesn't know what to say does he but this is nearer the truth than his original statement.

Noldi

Just heard his interview on 5 live. How can he possibly suggest that his team totally dominated the game, that they had a stone cold penalty denied and that the only thing that we did was score a lucky goal off a deflection. What a twat. It would have served him well to tell the truth: that we matched them in all areas, that it was a tight game where you couldn't really see which team was the Premiership side, and overall, Brigthon deserved the win. What a twat.

He WAS right about the manner of the goal though, let's be honest. NOT that it wasn't deserved, but it did look like a hopeful pass to the far stick, where Craig MacSmithers was hurtling in - and it got a rather nice deflection past their hapless keeper.

The penalty shout though...it could have been given, and the last few days did see one given for a ball-to-hand incident (though it looked likely that the ball was going in, for that one). For Pardew to try calling it a nailed on pen though - that's a bit too strong of a statement.
Prem managers in general always seem to have that gene for deflecting blame onto the referees, never conceding the faults to be their own tactics.

The cameras picked out Steve Kean in the crowd swatting on his next opposition. I hope he does well against them on Wednesday - I think Gus and the boys may have shown him the way!

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought newcastle did OK, but we had a defence and a goalkeeper. I thought Brezovan was impressive. The penalty was one which could have been given but was certainly not nailed on, and they should have been down to ten men by then anyway, and the goal was the result of a great breakaway from defence.

And Pardew is a gracelessloser.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Le't s be honest there's no doubt they should have had a penalty - not even debatable in my view. But then they should also have had Cabaye sent off.

They had more possession than us, created a couple of good chances they should have scored from. But it was a close, tight game. We played well, got it tactically right and scored. Neither side was clearly superior and the result was not an injustice. They're the Premier League team, it's up to them to exert their "class" and they couldn't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
''it's up to them to exert their "class" and they couldn't.''

exactly what Twaddle didnt seem to want to make clear in the tv commentary...ive listened to the radio 5 one now which is much more even handed

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
there is a reason why pardew is such a twat, just look at where his league career started.......once a filthy pikey, always a filthy pikey.

And why would a prem side moan that they deserved a draw and could have nicked a win? wanker

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
They had more possession than us, created a couple of good chances they should have scored from. But it was a close, tight game. We played well, got it tactically right and scored. Neither side was clearly superior and the result was not an injustice. They're the Premier League team, it's up to them to exert their "class" and they couldn't.
Absolutely spot on. Perfectly summarised.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Someone mentioned it above: these arrogant macho man managers like Pardew and Adkins completely miss the point. If every single defeat is, in your head, down to your having been unlucky, then you'll never fully set about tackling the real reasons why you lost: the first stage of dealing with any problem is to acknowledge that there's a problem. They don't do that. As a result I can't ever see them rising above mediocrity.

Newcastle lost yesterday because they failed to score while we did, not because they were conned out of a very dubious penalty shout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here