Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:
What I do notice is that we have had consistency with one Manager for longer than we care to remember and this has coincided with a stay in the champioship at a massive financial disadvantage to other teams.
I hear what you're saying, and I haven't joined the Magoo out brigade yet but I just worry for the next few months if things carry on like this.

i can't comment on weather it's only Leon who's getting pissed off with Mcghee's style of management because I don't know the players and i'm not on the trainging pitch every day, the same as everyone else on this board, but if others follow down the Leon path it won't take a genius to work out why. As others on this thread can confirm, it's happened to him before

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
What I do notice is that we have had consistency with one Manager for longer than we care to remember...

what...like the consistency to LOSE alot?! ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Marc said:
what...like the consistency to LOSE alot?! ???

Or would you prefer to change managers every October as we did in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Or would you prefer to change managers every October as we did in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

bugger I added the wrong smiley....that should've been a :p to show I was being GHEY and mucking about :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Marc said:
bugger I added the wrong smiley....that should've been a :p to show I was being GHEY and mucking about :D

:lolol: :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

London Irish said:
Yes, some Brighton fans are as big a goons as some Millwall fans. :D

Failing to get this team promoted is good?
Goalkeepers: Tony Warner, Willy Gueret, Chad Harper, Full Backs: Matt Lawrence, Robbie Ryan, Ronnie Bull, Alan Dunne, Central Defenders: Stuart Nethercott (Captain), Darren Ward, David Tuttle, Joe Dolan, Mark Phillips, Paul Robinson, Midfielders: Tim Cahill, David Livermore, Paul Ifill, Steven Reid, Leke Odunsi, Charlie Hearn, Peter Sweeney, Forwards: Steve Claridge, Neil Harris, Richard Sadlier, Kevin Braniff and Ben May.

They also had glenn johnson, dion dublin and kevin davis (who he played in midfield)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

KinkyHitler said:
Goalkeepers: Tony Warner, Willy Gueret, Chad Harper, Full Backs: Matt Lawrence, Robbie Ryan, Ronnie Bull, Alan Dunne, Central Defenders: Stuart Nethercott (Captain), Darren Ward, David Tuttle, Joe Dolan, Mark Phillips, Paul Robinson, Midfielders: Tim Cahill, David Livermore, Paul Ifill, Steven Reid, Leke Odunsi, Charlie Hearn, Peter Sweeney, Forwards: Steve Claridge, Neil Harris, Richard Sadlier, Kevin Braniff and Ben May.

They also had glenn johnson, dion dublin and kevin davis (who he played in midfield)

Do we know the full story of the season??? Injuries, quality of opposition.

Ferguson didn't get out of the group stages of the European Cup, is he crap???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

BarrelofFun said:
Do we know the full story of the season??? Injuries, quality of opposition.

Ferguson didn't get out of the group stages of the European Cup, is he crap???

Some might say he has run his course....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

KinkyHitler said:
Some might say he has run his course....

:lolol:

To be fair, McGhee did get into the playoffs and was up against some very good teams that year in the division. West Brom/Man City/Brum/Wolves/Norwich

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

BarrelofFun said:
:lolol:

To be fair, McGhee did get into the playoffs and was up against some very good teams that year in the division. West Brom/Man City/Brum/Wolves/Norwich

Tho if they beat arsenal i will take him in my mouth

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

KinkyHitler said:

If you are talking about the play-off year: Dion Dublin yes, Glenn Johnson and Kevin Davis no. And that is according to my Rothman's Yearbook for that year.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
1066Seagull said:
McGhee never gave himself any favours in his early days.

Walking out on Reading and Wolves didn't help.

Yeah because ambition's a bad trait to have in your career......Numpty.:dunce:

E

enigma

That Millwall team isnt that good. Some good players but certainly not clear promotion candidates.

KinkyHitler said:

Which one of the four Millwall managers that succeeded McGhee got their team higher in the table than his achievement of the play-offs?*

(*warning for Kinky - it's a trick question :) )

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I'll also add that the year Millwall got to the play-offs was the year after they were promoted from division two and I recall they were the surprise package that year with everybody expecting them to run out of steam towards the end.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

London Irish said:
Which one of the four Millwall managers that succeeded McGhee got their team higher in the table than his achievement of the play-offs?*

Question for you how many of those players have moved on to bigger clubs?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

London Irish said:

Just out of interest, when did you start watching Brighton?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

KinkyHitler said:
Question for you how many of those players have moved on to bigger clubs?

Just two - Joe Dolan and Steve Claridge :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here