Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Does anybody know what happened to Mcghee at Leicester and Wolves? I know at Millwall they rekon he lost the dressing room because amongst other things, he was playing players out of position and dropping them for no reason. Notice anything familiar

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What I do notice is that we have had consistency with one Manager for longer than we care to remember and this has coincided with a stay in the champioship at a massive financial disadvantage to other teams.

Losing the dressing room, with just Knight causing problems??? Hmmm sounds very much like Knight is the one causing them! :)

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
What I do notice is that we have had consistency with one Manager for longer than we care to remember and this has coincided with a stay in the champioship at a massive financial disadvantage to other teams.

Losing the dressing room, with just Knight causing problems??? Hmmm sounds very much like Knight is the one causing them! :)

Would have to agree as there were no major probs (if any at all really) before all this nasty business between Knight and Magoo.

We will only be able to tell when Leon leaves

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Knight is stirring and trying to get a move or Magoo out. His attitude has always been apparent but it's this shit stirring which will do for him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's not forget that McGhee has had a public falling out with Leon Knight, McCammon, the French goalie whose name I cannot spell and one of his coaches had a spat with Kuipers over the weekend. Whatever happened to man management?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Billy the Fish said:
Does anybody know what happened to Mcghee at Leicester and Wolves? I know at Millwall they rekon he lost the dressing room because amongst other things, he was playing players out of position and dropping them for no reason. Notice anything familiar

im not saying your wrong but wasnt a lot of that put down to archie knox when he was moved up to be mcghees assistant.? according to millwall fans at the time anyway.

Billy the Fish said:
I know at Millwall they rekon he lost the dressing room because amongst other things, he was playing players out of position and dropping them for no reason. Notice anything familiar

Yes, some Brighton fans are as big a goons as some Millwall fans. :D

Last edited:

Tubthumper said:
Let's not forget that McGhee has had a public falling out with Leon Knight, McCammon, the French goalie whose name I cannot spell and one of his coaches had a spat with Kuipers over the weekend. Whatever happened to man management?

You mean Big Mac and Flo, the two players who gave 100 per cent over the weekend? That's really terrible man management that is.

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
There does seem to be a pattern emerging though, he seems to fall out with his players at almost every club he's been at

Like who?

Remember when Robbie Keane presented his 100-goal shirt to McGhee about this time last year? :smokin:

Last edited:

1066gull

McGhee never gave himself any favours in his early days.

Walking out on Reading and Wolves didn't help.

Billy the Fish said:

A bloke I work with who used to be a Millwall season ticket holder when McGhee was there said something similar. He said that McGhee pissed off the players by mucking around with the team too much and playing players in strange positions. He seems to be doing that lately down here. Why the hell did he change a winning side at Luton? We haven't got a squad big enough to rest players. We need to win as many games as possible to stay in this division and we are only going to do that with our strongest side.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
1066Seagull said:
McGhee never gave himself any favours in his early days.

Walking out on Reading and Wolves didn't help.

Most managers who have ever managed well have moved onto to bigger clubs.
It has happened here.

Re: Re: Parallels with Mcghee at previous clubs

Southover Street Seagull said:
A bloke I work with who used to be a Millwall season ticket holder when McGhee was there said something similar. He said that McGhee pissed off the players by mucking around with the team too much and playing players in strange positions. He seems to be doing that lately down here. Why the hell did he change a winning side at Luton? We haven't got a squad big enough to rest players. We need to win as many games as possible to stay in this division and we are only going to do that with our strongest side.

Remind me again how many managers Millwall have had since McGhee departed? :)

London Irish said:
Like who?

Remember when Robbie Keane presented his 100-goal shirt to McGhee about this time last year? :smokin:

The same Robbie Keane now earning thousands per week oin the Premiership.

I've been told by someone who used to play under him he was strongly disliked by several members of the dressing room for his attitude and poor man management skills.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
A Millwall supporting friend (goes h & a all the time) of mine laughed at me when Magoo got the job, he stated a few things that would happen and he's been mainly right so far.

McGhee has a habit of tinkering with the team. I just think it was unneccesary for the Luton game. The guy i know at work said he did that a bit at the end of his Millwall career. McGhee has done a lot for Brighton. But do you think he has run out of ideas now and that is why he is starting to make strange decisions with the team selection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here