Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse ULTRAS!

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
TBH reading this thread kinda makes me pity you a bit. You've got a brand new 22 odd thousand capacity stadium and you're still looking to us for tips on creating an atmosphere. That 'St.Pauli' song you refer to, we've been singing that for at least 3-4 season's prior to this one, I'd never heard it over here before we sang it so we've made it our own.

You should try making up a song of your own coz tbh 'Albion, Albion' is all I ever hear you sing, even at your place.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
TBH reading this thread kinda makes me pity you a bit. You've got a brand new 22 odd thousand capacity stadium and you're still looking to us for tips on creating an atmosphere. That 'St.Pauli' song you refer to, we've been singing that for at least 3-4 season's prior to this one, I'd never heard it over here before we sang it so we've made it our own.

You should try making up a song of your own coz tbh 'Albion, Albion' is all I ever hear you sing, even at your place.

He is Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray
He Scored against United, United, United
And now he can't get off the bench, the bench, the bench
Cuz he's fallen out with Dougie, with Dougie, with Dougie
All he needs is a little huggie, a huggie, a huggie

etc. etc.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
tuesday was their big match ... and they failed big time ... we have nothing to learn from palarse

Absolutely this. Was expecting big things form them after all the bollocks they talk about their Holmesdale Spastics and the 'amazing' atmosphere they create.

Didn't hear a peep out of them. And that 'display' of theirs was very kindergarten.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Absolutely this. Was expecting big things form them after all the bollocks they talk about their Holmesdale Spastics and the 'amazing' atmosphere they create.

Didn't hear a peep out of them. And that 'display' of theirs was very kindergarten.

Mmmm went to your new 'amazing' stadium but there's nothing that great about it apart from one decent stand. Your atmospere wasn't any better or worse than ours either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
TBH reading this thread kinda makes me pity you a bit.
Ahhh, thanks babe, that's really sweet of you.
You've got a brand new 22 odd thousand capacity stadium and you're still looking to us for tips on creating an atmosphere.
We look at all options, because we were split up 14 years ago, and we're finding our feet again. However, if anyone was hoping to learn something from visiting you last week, they'd have been disappointed.
That 'St.Pauli' song you refer to, we've been singing that for at least 3-4 season's prior to this one, I'd never heard it over here before we sang it so we've made it our own.
You may not have heard it (I guess you haven't been to everyone else's ground making notes on songs), but it was being sung elsewhere before Palace.
You should try making up a song of your own
We have our own song, it's GOSBTS, sung by men who fought for their lives. You don't have a song of your own at all, much as you'd like to pretend otherwise.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Whoever was the first team to sing it in the UK, the fact remains that the song is f***ing toliet.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Ahhh, thanks babe, that's really sweet of you.
We look at all options, because we were split up 14 years ago, and we're finding our feet again. However, if anyone was hoping to learn something from visiting you last week, they'd have been disappointed.
You may not have heard it (I guess you haven't been to everyone else's ground making notes on songs), but it was being sung elsewhere before Palace.
We have our own song, it's GOSBTS, sung by men who fought for their lives. You don't have a song of your own at all, much as you'd like to pretend otherwise.

First of all why would you need to learn anything from us? Inferiority complex maybe? I'd never heard the 'St.Pauli' chant anywhere in this country going back as far as 2009 when we were singing it but if you can prove it then fair play. Have never heard you sing the last chant you mention.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
First of all why would you need to learn anything from us? Inferiority complex maybe? I'd never heard the 'St.Pauli' chant anywhere in this country going back as far as 2009 when we were singing it but if you can prove it then fair play. Have never heard you sing the last chant you mention.

You have never heard us sing Good Old Sussex by The Sea?.... no comment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First of all why would you need to learn anything from us? Inferiority complex maybe?
Whatever :)
I'd never heard the 'St.Pauli' chant anywhere in this country going back as far as 2009 when we were singing it but if you can prove it then fair play. Have never heard you sing the last chant you mention.
Well if you've never heard GOSBTS sung at Brighton, perhaps you're not the best to judge what other clubs sing. And while I'm not going out of my way to prove it, others have posted video footage of Newcastle singing it a few years ago, and it was said to be before Palace sang it. But even if Stevenage were the first in this country, it's not their song either, it's St Pauli's. Copying is copying, and all clubs do it, but you only get to claim it as your own if you were the very first. It's not like Europe is some far away undiscovered land is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here