Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse ULTRAS!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
To be completely fair. As above, a lot of the stuff looks small time and shithouse. BUT, they are good at singing.

To all members of the NSK, take a look at this video.
You won't like it, but if you're going to form a group and try to create a proper set of 'ultras' you need to do better. Look at the guy at the front of this video. Keeping everyone in time. That's how to do it. Not getting carried away and clapping as fast as you can.

I admire what you're trying to do. But if you're going to do something, do it properly.
At around 7min 10 seconds they sing the St Pauli song and, I hate to say it, it sounds great because they're all singing SLOWLY and IN TIME.

Now after giving Palace some praise I'm going for a wash....

Difference is they have been together for enough time to allow anyone interested in joining in to sit/stand together, NSK haven't got that, we have people spread out over the North stand and even some in the West.

LeicesterFoxy

Feb 2, 2012
You wont like this guys but in terms of noise id say Palace fans home and away have prob been the loudest in the championship the past few season. Selhurst does always seem about half full tho your right

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
But the St Pauli song is the only one they have. Not that difficult for their 'hangers-on' to learn

Sorry, but it really isn't though is it. And it seems many of our fans don't know the words after half a season (except the woa woa bit)

Difference is they have been together for enough time to allow anyone interested in joining in to sit/stand together, NSK haven't got that, we have people spread out over the North stand and even some in the West.

Fair point. I think it's actually a good idea and if it were done well it would be awesome. I hope you guys sort it out and there are more of you season on season. But please, if you can, push the idea of getting everyone singing TOGETHER, SLOWLY and IN TIME.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You haven't been to the Amex yet :thumbsup:

I somehow doubt that'll change his view. People can slag off the Palace ultras, the drums etc. till they're blue and white in the face but there's no escaping the fact that overall it's a pretty impressive show from their fans. More power to the much-derided NSK.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I admit the singing etc is good but I do have some grievances. It often sounds very foreign and tin pot as there aren't enough of them. The 'uniform' is laughable. The displays are usually OK but Tues one wasn't very good. The worst thing is the f***ing drum - never get that. But yes the NSK do need to do some more BOUNCING etc - and if getting tickets together is a problem I'm sure close season you can sort it so yuou're fairly near. As many flags and banners as possibe would help the NSK I'm sure. Maybe look at some fund raising ways to make money chaps?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I somehow doubt that'll change his view. People can slag off the Palace ultras, the drums etc. till they're blue and white in the face but there's no escaping the fact that overall it's a pretty impressive show from their fans. More power to the much-derided NSK.

I suggest you go to specsavers and get your ears syringed if you thought their attempts on Tues were decent. It was terrible. Drum bang bang bang and no singing ti be heard.

I'm not a fan of the St Pauli song either, mainly due to seeing it as a palace song but if NSK are going to sing it then SLOWLY and in TIME is a must.

Next season, if as mentioned above they can all be in the same place the North will be properly rocking.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This type of thread is going to reappear at least once a week for the forseeable future...

All the time we have got Brighton fans ready to praise Palace for having a group of 100 or so chavs pretending they are "European" and banging a drum then there is going to be a problem.

Whoever posted the Carling Cup Semi-Final footage? FFS...! Palace manage a half decent show of support at a Cup Semi-Final...? WOW...! I'm guessing you weren't at Highbury in 1983.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Fishing surely. Are you going by the odd 2 min youtube clip that gets posted or actually hearing them for 90mins on the TV or our game there.

The latter 2 (other than carling cup game) they have been utterly woeful.

D

Deleted member 22389

I admit the singing etc is good but I do have some grievances. It often sounds very foreign and tin pot as there aren't enough of them. The 'uniform' is laughable. The displays are usually OK but Tues one wasn't very good. The worst thing is the f***ing drum - never get that. But yes the NSK do need to do some more BOUNCING etc - and if getting tickets together is a problem I'm sure close season you can sort it so yuou're fairly near. As many flags and banners as possibe would help the NSK I'm sure. Maybe look at some fund raising ways to make money chaps?

I have asked NSK before if they would like a tenner towards more banners. Whatever helps the Albion in creating a better atmosphere I am more than happy to donate. The north stand at The Amex is getting there, but as you say if we had a display like that it would be brilliant, keeping it friendly so it encourages everyone to fly the club. NSK don't have any website where you can make a donation or anywhere to contact them apart from twitter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I have asked NSK before if they would like a tenner towards more banners. Whatever helps the Albion in creating a better atmosphere I am more than happy to donate. The north stand at The Amex is getting there, but as you say if we had a display like that it would be brilliant, keeping it friendly so it encourages everyone to fly the club. NSK don't have any website where you can make a donation or anywhere to contact them apart from twitter?

There are early plans for a display of sorts for the last game of the season and we've been working on quotes for the giant stand or fall banner when donations would be great, it'll be on here once the club look it over and agree it, size, hanging, fire regs etc.

There is a forum you'd need to sign up though to post.

I have been trying to erase this memory from my mind since getting home on Tues night but unfortunately can't seem to shake it.

What the **** is it with ENGLISH football fans pretending they are some sort of Italian/South American hardcore hooligan faction?!?
The sight of those Palarse muppets all in their black hoody uniforms in the corner behind the goal was boarder line comical and over the line embarrassing!
What happened to the English leading the way in proper football support.
I know we have our 'Ultras' but please say we won't end up like that?!
:sheep:

You see the thing is, ALL gang posturing and 'Ultra' activity is 'Noddy' and ineffectual.
The Muppet Show spawned the perfect terminology actually, because the kiddie-winkies bigging themselves up like puffed-up little poodles tyrying to act tuff, and even worse, the over-30's planks who think they are macho to run with a pack - they really are a load of MUPPETS, in a weird and comedy, silly manner.

Have you noticed a couple of NSC posters who always hurry to try and be associated with every mention of 'aggro'? Twats, they surely must know they are!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
To all members of the NSK, take a look at this video.
You won't like it, but if you're going to form a group and try to create a proper set of 'ultras' you need to do better. Look at the guy at the front of this video. Keeping everyone in time. That's how to do it. Not getting carried away and clapping as fast as you can.

I admire what you're trying to do. But if you're going to do something, do it properly.
At around 7min 10 seconds they sing the St Pauli song and, I hate to say it, it sounds great because they're all singing SLOWLY and IN TIME.

Now after giving Palace some praise I'm going for a wash....

Why would ANYONE go to a game and spend the whole 90 mins with his back to the game like that utter tool?
Actually, hold that thought. If your team was Palace it would be the better option.

Jan 30, 2008
You see the thing is, ALL gang posturing and 'Ultra' activity is 'Noddy' and ineffectual.
The Muppet Show spawned the perfect terminology actually, because the kiddie-winkies bigging themselves up like puffed-up little poodles tyrying to act tuff, and even worse, the over-30's planks who think they are macho to run with a pack - they really are a load of MUPPETS, in a weird and comedy, silly manner.

Have you noticed a couple of NSC posters who always hurry to try and be associated with every mention of 'aggro'? Twats, they surely must know they are!
sounds like you're feeling left out :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here