Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse in talks to leave SP.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
They're going to play...at NSC?!

So...Simon Jordan's already started sniffing around for other venues for them to play in, just as we were going to play in Portsmouth...then Crawley...then Gillingham.

They won't do, but their fans SHOULD be getting concerned...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We have been joking about this on here for years, or at least since Noades disappeared off to Brentford but still owned Selhurst, if I were a fan of them I would be very worried.

Barrel of Fun said:
I really can't imagine SJ screwing them up.

Despite being a total twat, he does at least give the impression of being a fan-unlike the ****ing bastard who f***ed us over whilst making promises about the future of the club....

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
They're going to play...at NSC?!

So...Simon Jordan's already started sniffing around for other venues for them to play in, just as we were going to play in Portsmouth...then Crawley...then Gillingham.

They won't do, but their fans SHOULD be getting concerned...

Why? Because Jordan is looking into the potential to relocate and build a new stadium. Shouldn't all competent clubs be looking to develop?

Jordan owns SP now but the stadium is frankly ancient in parts. Relocating to a new stadium nearby must be investigated as an option. Croydon Council have objected to development plans at SP in the past and selling the land to fund a new stadium has some commercial sense. Jordan is a Palace fan, but will also make the best business decision.

But don't let a good argument stand in the way of your hatred of all things Palace.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Hang on...I thought he was only looking to raise money to redevelop Selhurst? Now suddenly he wants to move? Do what you want - but I'd say go careful.

As I say, assuring oneself that the chairman is always doing the right thing has been the downfall of gullible football fans over the years - today's 10th anniversary is proof of that, especially so with that shyster.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are they going to to turn Selhurst into a retail park ? As the club will be homeless until they build a new stadium it would be ironic for such a BIG club :D to have to groundshare !

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
Hang on...I thought he was only looking to raise money to redevelop Selhurst? Now suddenly he wants to move? Do what you want - but I'd say go careful.

As I say, assuring oneself that the chairman is always doing the right thing has been the downfall of gullible football fans over the years - today's 10th anniversary is proof of that, especially so with that shyster.

If Croydon Council do not allow him to develop SP, and with residents in close proximity to the ground the signs aren't good, then we may have to relocate. He's looking at options - that is all. This seems like a non-story by a paper that obviously dislikes Jordan.

Ok so you were f**ked over ten years ago, we all know the history. And Jordan is an arse - I found his performance on soccer am embarrasing. But don't confuse the two issues. He's a tosser, but that doesn't make him Archer or Belloti.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
paulie said:
Why? Because Jordan is looking into the potential to relocate and build a new stadium. Shouldn't all competent clubs be looking to develop?

Jordan owns SP now but the stadium is frankly ancient in parts. Relocating to a new stadium nearby must be investigated as an option. Croydon Council have objected to development plans at SP in the past and selling the land to fund a new stadium has some commercial sense. Jordan is a Palace fan, but will also make the best business decision.

But don't let a good argument stand in the way of your hatred of all things Palace.

Contrary to popular belief, the vast majority of Albion fans wouldn't wish our present predicament on our worse enemy ... which in our case is Palarse.
The question you need to ask yourself is:-
1. Where ideally would the new ground be built.
2. Realistically were would it be built.
3. Are these similar places or light years apart.
4. Will you get planning permission before you move
5. AND will you have to sell and move to a temp. ground before you build your new stadium.

If its number 5 then be afraid .. very afraid ....

BTW, best business decision and football fans are mutually exclusive concepts unless your one of the big four. Football clubs are money pits, Palace are no exceptions. He will still be a fan but will do what he can afford which might be rather unpalatable to many fans.

1066gull

I can just see it happening....

A slow transistion that sees us getting a permanent proper home and Palace doing the opposite to what we are now.:clap2: :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Edited - just read the article!

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
My missus's old man is Building contractor based in South Croydon and told me a few months back that SJ is in negotiation to buy one of two sites, both on brownfield land that would be a formaility to get planning permission for, one is in Coulsdon and the other is just outside Redhill.

Fair play to him, by all accounts he is someone who see's things through. He also is relatively cash rich and runs a football club in an area where brownfield sites are often in desperate need of investment so the planning permission is EASY.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Chicken Run said:
:lol: They'll end up playing at the Athletics stadium

Ah the irony! :lolol:

But wouldn't wish them to go thru what we did even if they are scum!

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here