Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I suspect you will find most of don't give a shit really.

Bottom line is we are as a club are going forward, stage by stage, and if we haven't already (which I would argue we have) we will have surpassed you by a long way very soon.

The biggest problem Palace have is fan base. Without turning that around (which seems to be purely based on reaching the premiership) there is no hope of you keeping up with us.

The best you can ever be is a Stoke, Wigan type club. We are aiming a little higher.

This

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne

Bottom line is we are as a club are going forward, stage by stage, and if we haven't already (which I would argue we have) we will have surpassed you by a long way very soon.

The biggest problem Palace have is fan base. Without turning that around (which seems to be purely based on reaching the premiership) there is no hope of you keeping up with us.

The best you can ever be is a Stoke, Wigan type club. We are aiming a little higher.

Good luck with that then G.

I was merely providing the link that the previous poster requested. So perhaps he gave a shit?

All your arguments and put downs revolve around the "we will be better than you" "we will be bigger than you" "we will be richer than you". Deal in the then and now - they are the only knowns.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

That's it you've gone and done it now, the rabid caravan dwellers will be on shortly to rebut any suggestion Brighton are ahead of Palace in any way. Mcgoldrick will be back telling us how much better the carpet in their academy is than ours and how the stud spanners their trainees use are 24 carat gold with diamond embellishments hence why they churn out so many superstars, I suspect that fella is Parish himself although he hasn't threatened to sue anyone yet or threaten them in twitter so perhaps not?!

^^ right on cue.

I was merely providing the link that the previous poster requested. So perhaps he gave a shit?

All your arguments and put downs revolve around the "we will be better than you" "we will be bigger than you" "we will be richer than you". Deal in the then and now - they are the only knowns.

Best quote from a politician ever.

There are known knowns.
These are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns.
That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns.
There are things we don't know we don't know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We will know that in a few weeks time. Still time for Palace to **** it up :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some of you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think that you'll automatically get cat 1 status as soon as TB opens his wallet.It will take years for you to get your academy up to cat 1 level.
Have you got any evidence at all to back that up? Because it appears that you can get cat 1 if you meet the requirements, and none of the requirements state that you have to have been coaching 5/6 year olds up to the first team for years.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Have you got any evidence at all to back that up? Because it appears that you can get cat 1 if you meet the requirements, and none of the requirements state that you have to have been coaching 5/6 year olds up to the first team for years.

I doubt very much if either us or Palace will go for Cat 1 status, they are prohibitively expensive to run for very little return or difference to Cat 2 status, only the richest clubs will be aiming for Cat 1.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the most recent completed season, we finished higher than you. So given our attendances, and most recent league finish, we are bigger than you and we are better than you. And since you're talking about money, it's pretty obvious we're richer too.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

No you didn't, you gave me a link to the news that you have a new sponsor who will help the club financially in the running of the academy over the next four years. You did not supply me with a link that states, due to this sponsorship the club is now pushing forward with attaining CAT 1 status.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No you didn't, you gave me a link to the news that you have a new sponsor who will help the club financially in the running of the academy over the next four years. You did not supply me with a link that states, due to this sponsorship the club is now pushing forward with attaining CAT 1 status.

Here is a link that says it.

SOUTH LONDON PRESS TODAY | NEWS | Eagles want to upgrade academy | 2013

Eagles want to upgrade academy
Monday, 04 March 2013

By Richard Cawley
CRYSTAL Palace are set to re-apply for category one academy status as they look to take further steps to safeguard their prize youngsters.
The Eagles were one of the first clubs to be audited back in April and ended up with a category two rating.
But Palace co-chairman Steve Parish has confirmed to the South London Press that the Championship promotion-chasers are carrying out work to allow them to move into the top grading.
That would give them greater protection in terms of the talent which continues to come through at Selhurst Park.
Academy product Wilfried Zaha showed just how profitable and successful their scheme is when he agreed a mega-money move to Manchester United in January.
And Parish is determined that the Eagles take every step to make sure that their youth set-up is not left vulnerable.
He said: “We’ll be looking to secure category one.
“The criteria has become clearer. At the beginning it was quite unclear and there were adjustments being made. But we have put a lot of investment into the training ground and we have got to make a bit more. But there is a route to category one that we can do - and it is what we intend.
“Because of the quality of our academy we want to make sure there is no reason that top kids don’t come to us. They are still coming to us but this is a statement of intent and there are a lot of things about it that are better.
“You get a greater infrastructure and the league do help with that, you get bigger grants, better nutrition and sports science, more coaches and more staff.
“Also the compensation is higher - it protects players.
“If we apply and fail then we can’t re-apply for three years. So we want to do it when we pretty much know it will be accepted.
“When we were last evaluated we didn’t really have the time to get everything in place because there are a lot of people to hire.”

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Here is a link that says it.

SOUTH LONDON PRESS TODAY | NEWS | Eagles want to upgrade academy | 2013

Eagles want to upgrade academy
Monday, 04 March 2013

By Richard Cawley
CRYSTAL Palace are set to re-apply for category one academy status as they look to take further steps to safeguard their prize youngsters.
The Eagles were one of the first clubs to be audited back in April and ended up with a category two rating.
But Palace co-chairman Steve Parish has confirmed to the South London Press that the Championship promotion-chasers are carrying out work to allow them to move into the top grading.
That would give them greater protection in terms of the talent which continues to come through at Selhurst Park.
Academy product Wilfried Zaha showed just how profitable and successful their scheme is when he agreed a mega-money move to Manchester United in January.
And Parish is determined that the Eagles take every step to make sure that their youth set-up is not left vulnerable.
He said: “We’ll be looking to secure category one.
“The criteria has become clearer. At the beginning it was quite unclear and there were adjustments being made. But we have put a lot of investment into the training ground and we have got to make a bit more. But there is a route to category one that we can do - and it is what we intend.
“Because of the quality of our academy we want to make sure there is no reason that top kids don’t come to us. They are still coming to us but this is a statement of intent and there are a lot of things about it that are better.
“You get a greater infrastructure and the league do help with that, you get bigger grants, better nutrition and sports science, more coaches and more staff.
“Also the compensation is higher - it protects players.
“If we apply and fail then we can’t re-apply for three years. So we want to do it when we pretty much know it will be accepted.
“When we were last evaluated we didn’t really have the time to get everything in place because there are a lot of people to hire.”

Thanks for that.

I do find it interesting that this article was an interview with Steve Parish and yet co chairman Steve Browett stated he was OK with Cat2.

Parish is good with statements about what he is going to do, he also said that realistically their new stadium would be built at Crystal Palace by the year 2016.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Holy thread necro, Batman!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This. Our long term prospects are insanely far ahead of Palace's.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Will be interesting in the long run to see how much of Palace's new found wealth will be spent redeveloping the ground. If they do not do this there can only be one way they will head... back to The Championship, going into administration every 3 years to fend off relegation.

Having said that the new cladding looks lovely.

DSCF6634_zps9f345191.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It looks that way, doesn't it?

They badly need to be sorting out their crumbling infrastructure, but it seems that is a long way down the agenda at Jester central.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

Yeah - you're aiming a little bit higher but still a bit sh*te on the pitch, which will be exacerbated when Sh*tcutt goes to Sunderland for £1.5m.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all Chatters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah - you're aiming a little bit higher but still a bit sh*te on the pitch, which will be exacerbated when Sh*tcutt goes to Sunderland for £1.5m.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all Chatters.

I'm so shocked to find a Palace fan who doesn't understand the meaning of the words "long term". Understandable, your club was founded 3 years ago.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will be interesting in the long run to see how much of Palace's new found wealth will be spent redeveloping the ground. If they do not do this there can only be one way they will head... back to The Championship, going into administration every 3 years to fend off relegation.

Having said that the new cladding looks lovely.

View attachment 50022

Amazing what you can do with a few sheets of MDF , does anyone know when this particular episode of DIY SOS will air on TV ?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I'm so shocked to find a Palace fan who doesn't understand the meaning of the words "long term". Understandable, your club was founded 3 years ago.

Here you go then, Brighton have been garbage on a LONG-TERM basis, from about 1983 actually before you start bleating about 1997 onwards. Losing to Palace in the play-offs has made a huge dent in your LONG-TERM prospects as you're now a worse side and missed your big chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here