Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's Cup Final

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Despite losing hurting like hell the events of tuesday and what has followed has proven to me how far ahead of them we are now.

It was totally their cup final, they know that is as good as it gets for them hence the euphoria, there was none of that when they beat us in the last minute at Withdean. They were the underdog for the first time in 25 years. We are going to reinforce and build year on year, with promotion the sole mid term aim and the infrastructure all in place to support it. They are just desperate to hang on to their kids and not go down.

Bringing out a special dvd shows how small time they are in comparison. There is no way we'd be doing that. They may have beaten us in a one off game because their players basically gave more of a toss, but we are the dominent club in this relationship now. They are looking at our ground and resources with pure envy.

In five years we will laugh at this as they cuddle their commerative dvd still dreaming of turning an artists drawing into a flatpack stadium.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Despite losing hurting like hell the events of tuesday and what has followed has proven to me how far ahead of them we are now.

It was totally their cup final, they know that is as good as it gets for them hence the euphoria, there was none of that when they beat us in the last minute at Withdean. They were the underdog for the first time in 25 years. We are going to reinforce and build year on year, with promotion the sole mid term aim and the infrastructure all in place to support it. They are just desperate to hang on to their kids and not go down.

Bringing out a special dvd shows how small time they are in comparison. There is no way we'd be doing that. They may have beaten us in a one off game because their players basically gave more of a toss, but we are the dominent club in this relationship now. They are looking at our ground and resources with pure envy.

In five years we will laugh at this as they cuddle their commerative dvd still dreaming of turning an artists drawing into a flatpack stadium.

What a commemorative dvd like the one we bought out when we beat them at selhurst 1-0?

I'll get order your taxi now shall I?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What a commemorative dvd like the one we bought out when we beat them at selhurst 1-0?

I'll get order your taxi now shall I?

Exactly. We did that when we had a small time club mentality and beating them was the best it could get for us. Would never happen today.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I wouldn't be so sure about the DVD. Remember the Saints one we did? Alright we were still at Withdean and desperate for money and everything but that was pretty lame. As was releasing special shirts after we beat Palace at Selhurst. I think the club would still look to cash in if we'd won Tuesday night.

We have a long way to go to become the dominant club over them too.

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011

I think you have to grow up a bit - that is a comment that I would expect my 9 year old son to come out with. Football is full of ups and downs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION]. They are the small time club these days, not us.

I wonder whether they can break 7,000 for their next League Cup match at home?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think you have to grow up a bit - that is a comment that I would expect my 9 year old son to come out with. Football is full of ups and downs.

I dont need to grow up at all. If you asked any independant view on whi has the better long term prospects based on where we are today id be amazed if the vast vast majority wouldnt say us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its true , Palace had their cup final mentality on display Tuesday night. The league season is over 46 games and we'll be a whole lot more consistent than the scum.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
. They may have beaten us in a one off game because their players basically gave more of a toss, but we are the dominent club in this relationship now. They are looking at our ground and resources with pure envy.

And when did we last beat them on OUR turf................................................

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, because I wouldn't have gone MENTAL if we were the first team to beat them, in the fashion that they beat us, in their brand new stadium.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
We were the favourites for it, which makes it even more painful that it was a total f*** up. But you are kidding yourself if you think that, had we of won 3-1, the club wouldn't be bringing out a DVD of the game.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And when did we last beat them on OUR turf................................................

I dont understand the relevance? Im talking about our resources today and the future.

I think alot of our supporters need to stop obsessing about the last match all the time and look at the big picture.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
shut em all down now, it's fuckin bad enough without our own fans starting it up again

Its this pussy attitude people need to get over imo. Ive given an honest assesment of how I see things. What are you scared some scum palace fans might get involved in the discussion? Ahhh belss.

Let me simplify all this down. If anyone had to put a fiver on which club us more likely to be higher in 5 years where would the money go?

Its this pussy attitude people need to get over imo. Ive given an honest assesment of how I see things. What are you scared some scum palace fans might get involved in the discussion? Ahhh belss.

Let me simplify all this down. If anyone had to put a fiver on which club us more likely to be higher in 5 years where would the money go?

pussy attitude?, f*** YOU! you know f*** all about me, my life or what tuesday meant to me so do me a favour and shut the f*** up

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

It was totally their cup final,
they know that is as good as it gets for them hence the euphoria, there was none of that when they beat us in the last minute at Withdean. They were the underdog for the first time in 25 years. We are going to reinforce and build year on year, with promotion the sole mid term aim and the infrastructure all in place to support it. They are just desperate to hang on to their kids and not go down.

And it would not have been yours had you have won? Not forgetting McShane's goal at Selhurst how you and still do rave on about that game. Believe me Tueday night was the best away game I have ever attended not for teh fact we won a football match but the fact it was on your turf and the manor in which we rolled you over - 5-1 favs to win on the night you were :mad::nono: :p and the fact that 18,000 Albion fans witnessed the event and will remeber it for a very very long time EAGLES :clap::clap:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Wise words [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION]. They are the small time club these days, not us.

I wonder whether they can break 7,000 for their next League Cup match at home?

Who gives a toss how many we get in the CC? I wouldn't say we were a small club, not a big club either. You've got more potential but we've our plus points too - ie great youth set-up. You really set yourself up before Tuesday, 'relegation certs', 'rubbish team', 'going to win 5-0'. Now you gotta take it and stop whining.

Anyway back to the point, altogether now - 'A-L-B-I-O-N, smashed 3-1'

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Its true , Palace had their cup final mentality on display Tuesday night. The league season is over 46 games and we'll be a whole lot more consistent than the scum.
You were consistent for 20 minutes in a game which every Albion fan wanted to see as the biggest victory over 46 games of the season other than the repeat at SELHURST, you were done by a Palace team who you up for it not like your lot who embarrased you on the the night who sent you home crying!!.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Couldn't help but notice that the match report in the Standard generated more column inches thanjust about all of Palace's games for the rest of the season, believe me no exaggeration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here