Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Would you Weeds please tell these twats you are their rivals. They are becoming an embarrassment on our boards.

Furthermore, just to confirm - we still hate you, sing horrid songs about you every week and look at the results on matchdays to assure ourselves that you have suffered another defeat to Yeovil/ Doncaster Rovers or whatever.

It's because of Boxing Day and long may it continue.

Regards.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Would you Weeds please tell these twats you are their rivals. They are becoming an embarrassment on our boards.

Furthermore, just to confirm - we still hate you, sing horrid songs about you every week and look at the results on matchdays to assure ourselves that you have suffered another defeat to Yeovil/ Doncaster Rovers or whatever.

It's because of Boxing Day and long may it continue.

Regards.

Like wise next season. HoopsMcCann.

The Boxing days when you got royally stuffed by us?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
If Huddersfield brought more than 150 fans and sold there allocation it would have been over or nearer 6000 I guess?

Don't forget you're a division higher and if you'd got relegated this season, i'd be very suprised to see you get many more than 10-12k and that sunshine is in your all covered stadium and not a converted running track.

We had 9000 for Leeds earlier in the season and would have got many more if seating / pay on the gate was allowed. So we're not too many miles apart in support.

We're just a small step away from that once the new Stadium (and fingers crossed) new finances come into play.
How many Leeds amongst that 9000? You only get 5000 or so of your own fans turning up.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I refer you to a post of mine from another thread. If Palace had been playing at Withdean for ten years then they might have suffered a drop in support.

"What's it like?" he asks. What's it like, Palace fans, to have your club all but destroyed by a pair of asset-stripping outsiders? What's it like to lose your home of one hundred years? What's it like to be, as a result of the actions of the said asset-stripping outsiders, one kick away from the Conference and probable extinction (for there would have been no ground in which to play had the club dropped into the Conference)? What's it like to play your home games one hundred miles from your base for two seasons? What's it like to play your home games in a lego set for more than ten seasons? What's it like to see your club, in spite of the said traumas, recover to the extent that it plays three of the last five seasons in English football's second tier? What's it like to have to spend more than ten years fighting every conceivable obstacle in order to obtain a stadium commensurate with the fan base and distinguished history of your club? What's it like to see your best players sold, time and again, to fund that fight for the stadium?

You wouldn't know, of course, because your club hasn't had such a traumatic recent history. I don't know, then, how you can have the audacity to mock Brighton & Hove Albion. If, after the club has been playing in the new stadium for a couple of seasons, Brighton & Hove Albion's league position is the same as it is now then you can mock. Until then, show some intelligence and a sense of context by staying away from this board unless you have something constructive - interesting, even - to say.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can't help feeling that Palace would hate the clowns more than anyone if clown fans didn't try so hard to be hated. Charlton have had the best crowds and have been the best team south of the river for about ten years now. Whatsmore, Charlton relegated Palace not so long ago.

And lets face it, why on earth would any "new" Palace fan have any reason to hate us. We've played them, what, FOUR times in the past fifteen seasons? And one of those we obligingly rolled over and let them slaughter us. We're not even local to them. I'd have to chuckle at any Palace fan under the age of 30 who said they hated Brighton. Why?[/QUOTE]

Because hopefully they had had their teeth kicked down the back of their throat by a size 11 Brighton boot.......................

Thats why.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
QUOTE]

Because hopefully they had had their teeth kicked down the back of their throat by a size 11 Brighton boot.......................

Thats why.[/QUOTE]
No doubt you only wear a pair of size 9's. :drink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
QUOTE]

Thats why.

No doubt you only wear a pair of size 9's. :drink:[/QUOTE]

I always wear a bigger pair with an extra thick lump of steel in the toecap when we play you lovely boys.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I fantasised about it and wanted to, but I wouldn't allow it without kissing first, remember?

As I recall Palace were really shit in those days and I gave up supporting them to follow Dulwich Hamlet only returning when Dowie took us to the Premiership. Yes, you are right I am prize steaming turncoat.

Edited for 100% accuracy.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
QUOTE]

Thats why.

No doubt you only wear a pair of size 9's. :drink:[/QUOTE]

CB are you now a member of the Filthy Fifty Palace's new firm. I say it because of you 'biggng up' the Bristol City invasion of the AW stand and all this nonsense about teeth and boots.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
How many Leeds amongst that 9000? You only get 5000 or so of your own fans turning up.

That was my whole point you numpty. If we play better sides or teams with some history we attract more fans. We took over 5000 to you and West Ham a couple of seasons back, thats our average home crowd. Not to mention over 30,000 to Cardiff.

The fans are there, just like your tin pot club, they only come out when the team are doing well.

If you were in our position you would be getting similar crowds. Okay, maybe not after one season but 10 you would.

I'd rather be judged in 4 or 5 years time once we are at Falmer and then all of a sudden you are the ones with the run down stadium!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
No doubt you only wear a pair of size 9's. :drink:

CB are you now a member of the Filthy Fifty Palace's new firm. I say it because of you 'biggng up' the Bristol City invasion of the AW stand and all this nonsense about teeth and boots.[/QUOTE]Not at all. I don't see violence as clever or being big. Just a bit of light hearted banter CarWash that is all. This guy comes on and comments about kicking teeth down throats and gets a reply that it deserves. What do you know about violence at the City game then?!!!!!!!

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
You pay £25 sit in the pissing rain,player lower league clubs and have no money to spend.

How many would you get?

You can't judge our crowds with our facilities:angry:

I've said the same in numerous threads. But they keep coming back to take the piss. I think they are too thick to understand.

As for Croydon Bloke's claim that we are jealous of Palace, f*** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here